Delhi CWG athletes call lodging at village “liveable” through TweetsOctober 2nd, 2010 - 12:14 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 2 (ANI): With just one day to go for the Commonwealth Games to commence, some athletes who are at the venue in New Delhi are reportedly not satisfied with the lodging but they claimed that it is still “liveable”.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, South African swimmer Roland Schoeman has expressed his dissatisfaction on Tweeter not only about lodging but also with basic necessities like food and water.
‘Day 1 of Delhi: 24hrs no air-conditioning, most of the night spent without electricity [no fan] 4am and still haven’t slept. Not the best of starts,’ Schoeman tweeted.
English swim star Rebecca Addlington had similar problems, suggesting the last-minute rush continues. ‘I love that we’re in the accommodation block right next to the building site and there still working at 11pm!’
Meanwhile, former world record-holder, Eamon Sullivan wrote: ‘First night in Delhi down. The apartments are … Well, livable!’ (ANI)
- 52-member Australian swimming team arrive for Commonwealth Games - Sep 30, 2010
- CWG: Swimmer calls Indian spectators monkeys - Oct 09, 2010
- South African swimmer Townsend misses Olympic qualification - Apr 19, 2012
- Teenage swimming sensation Seebohm to spearhead Oz challenge at CWG - Aug 27, 2010
- Rice, Sullivan in Australia swimming contingent for CWG - Mar 23, 2010
- Entire Oz swimming squad arrives for Delhi CWG shunning security fears - Sep 30, 2010
- The good, bad and ugly of CWG 2010..so far - Oct 12, 2010
- Australia confirm swimming squad for Commonwealth Games - Aug 27, 2010
- After swimmer's 'monkey' remark, unruly crowds to be checked - Oct 09, 2010
- Stephanie Rice's ex Eamon Sullivan 'finds solace' in pet dog after split - Mar 19, 2011
- Gagan sole Indian representative in swimming at London - Jul 07, 2012
- Stephanie Rice 'dating Nick D'Arcy' - Jun 06, 2010
- China set to challenge US dominance in pool - Jul 11, 2012
- Olympic and world champions among first lot of 29 England swimmers for CWG - Apr 23, 2010
- Stephanie Rice likes decent guys - Nov 21, 2009
Tags: 24hrs, 4am, basic necessities, commonwealth games, cwg, dissatisfaction, eamon sullivan, electricity, first night, liveable, minute rush, morning herald, New Delhi, rebecca, roland schoeman, swimmer, sydney morning herald, tweeter, tweets, world record holder