Deion Sanders, Marshall Faulk And Five Others Inducted In NFL Pro Football Hall Of FameFebruary 6th, 2011 - 6:53 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Dallas, Feb 6, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The names of the Pro Football Hall of Fame 2011 has been finally unleashed. The final seven who have been bestowed with the honor include Deion Sanders, Marshall Faulk, Richard Dent, Shannon Sharpe, Ed Sabol, Chris Hanburger and Les Richter. According to sources, the final decision was taken after a discussion of more than seven hours, which is indicative of how accurately the final names were chosen for the honor.
Fans of Deion Sanders were swept away by joy after it was announced that the veteran player has been selected. The 43-year-old has became a Hall of Famer at the very first year of his eligibility. He, however, is not the sole player to have been chosen for the title at the first instance. Marshall Faulk, too shares the same platform with it. Marshall Faulk was the NFL’s 2000 most valuable player, while Deion Sanders is a nine-time Pro Bowler. The news of the recognition was announced on Saturday after an unanimous decision taken by the Selection Committee. The jury panel of Selection Committee of the Pro Football Hall of Fame which comprises of 44 eminent experts from the fraternity had no second thoughts before selecting Deion Sanders as one of the first to be named.
The Pro Football Hall of Fame 2011 list was disclosed at a grand event held at the Sheraton Hotel in downtown Dallas. The chosen Hall of Famers have been flooded with endless congratulatory messages ever since the much awaited news broke out on Saturday. Among those to failed to make the final cut are Dermontti Dawson, Willie Roaf, Tim Brown, Cris Carter, Andre Reed, Jerome Bettis, Curtis Martin, Chris Doleman and Charles Haley.
- Deion Sanders Inducted In Pro Football Hall Of Fame - Feb 06, 2011
- Emmitt Smith Gets Emotional While Delivering Hall Of Fame Speech - Aug 09, 2010
- Jerry Rice Named Greatest Player In History - Nov 05, 2010
- John Randle Voted For Pro Football Hall Of Fame - Feb 07, 2010
- Former New Orleans Saints Linebacker Rickey Jackson Enters Hall Of Fame - Aug 08, 2010
- Emmett Smith And Jerry Rice Inducted To Pro-Football Hall Of Fame - Feb 08, 2010
- John Randle Inducted Into The Pro Football Hall Of Fame - Aug 08, 2010
- Floyd Little Honored With Pro Football Hall Of Fame - Aug 08, 2010
- Gavaskar inducted into ICC Cricket Hall of Fame - Feb 09, 2012
- Emmitt Smith Joins The Prestigious Group Of Hall Of Fame Inductee - Aug 08, 2010
- 49ers Jerry Rice's Jersey Number 80 retired - Sep 22, 2010
- Antonio Inoki To Be Inducted At The WWE Hall Of Fame - Feb 16, 2010
- Washington Redskins Guard Russ Grimm Inducted Into Hall Of Fame - Aug 08, 2010
- Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame to honor female artists - Feb 04, 2011
- Roberto Alomar Inducted To Hall Of Fame - Jan 06, 2011
Tags: andre reed, charles haley, chris doleman, chris hanburger, cris carter, dallas feb, dermontti dawson, ed sabol, eminent experts, football hall of fame, hall of famers, jerome bettis, marshall faulk, nfl pro football hall, nfl pro football hall of fame, pro football hall, pro football hall of fame, shannon sharpe, sheraton hotel, willie roaf