Defending champions confirm entry for Delhi Half MarathonSeptember 29th, 2008 - 6:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 29 (IANS) Defending champions among the men and women, Rwandan Dieudonne Disi and Ethiopian Deriba Alemu have confirmed their entry for the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon Nov 9.Disi, a world class half marathoner with a personal best of 59 minutes, clocked 60.43 minutes in the 2007 edition, breaking the existing record of 61.36 set by Kenyan Francis Kibiwott in 2006.
Alemu put behind a star-studded field with her strong run to come home in 70.30 minutes, also breaking the course record of 70.40 set Kenya’s Lineth Chepkirui in 2006.
The Delhi Half Marathon is expected to attract a strong field of elite athletes, thanks to the stature of the event, which has been awarded the Gold Label by the International Amateur Athletics Federetion and the $50,000 increase in prize money, Ian Ladbrooke, the elite athlete coordinator, said in a statement.
Half marathon is run over a distance of 21.09 km.
- Kenyan ace hopes to set record at TCS World 10K Bangalore - May 24, 2012
- Ethiopians start favourite in 10K race - May 26, 2012
- Tsegay favourite to win Delhi Half Marathon - Sep 10, 2012
- Bangalore's 10k race to see elite athletes - May 11, 2012
- Big star cast for Airtel Delhi Half Marathon - Nov 26, 2011
- Richard Hadlee, Jackie Joyner named Half marathon ambassadors - Oct 21, 2008
- Delhi ready for half marathon, 2009 champion Merga pulls out - Nov 20, 2010
- 30,000 expected to run in Delhi half-marathon - Nov 18, 2010
- Marathon lends colour, star power to Mumbai streets (Third Lead) - Jan 16, 2011
- Over 5,000 athletes for Mombasa Marathon - Aug 24, 2012
- Ethiopians rule at Mumbai marathon (Second Lead) - Jan 16, 2011
- Delhi half-marathon is a race for all - Nov 08, 2008
- Delhi gets ready for Airtel Half Marathon - Oct 31, 2009
- Fauja Singh calls it a day-only for full marathons! - Apr 23, 2012
- Sammy Wanjiru wins the Chicago Marathon 2010 - Oct 10, 2010