Davis Cup: Somdev to spearhead India’s challenge against SerbiaJanuary 29th, 2011 - 6:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 29 (IANS) Somdev Devvarman will spearhead India’s challenge in the first round of their away Davis Cup World Group tie against defending champions Serbia March 14-16. Veterans Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi will form the formidable pairs for the second day doubles match. Rohan Bopanna will be the second singles player.
Karan Rastogi and Vishnu Vardhan have been included as the reserve players.
S.P. Mishra has been retained the non-playing captain.
It is the first time Serbia and India are meeting in Davis Cup
India has reached in the elite 16 for the second straight year by defeating Brazil 3-2 at home in the World Group play-offs. It was the first time India came back from 0-2 down to win a Davis Cup tie.
Davis Cup team: S.P. Misra (non-playing captain), Leader Paes, Mahesh Bhupathi, Somdev Devvarman, Rohan Bopanna.
Reserves: Karan Rastogi and Vishnu Vardhan
- Davis Cup: Somdev to lead India's challenge against Japan - Aug 19, 2011
- Mahesh Bhupathi opts out of Davis Cup tie - Mar 06, 2012
- Somdev to lead Indian challenge in Davis Cup, CWG - Aug 13, 2010
- Davis Cup: Somdev happy with weather and courts - Sep 15, 2011
- Bhupathi-Bopanna dropped from Davis Cup team - Aug 18, 2012
- Paes to miss Davis Cup tie against Japan - Sep 13, 2011
- Somdev's strained shoulder makes him doubtful for reverse singles - Sep 17, 2011
- Aircel to sponsor Indian Davis Cup team - Sep 09, 2011
- Sonia, Somdev get wild card entry for London Olympics - Jun 26, 2012
- Sania, Somdev get wild card; 7 Indians for Olympic tennis (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Tough draw for Indians in men's doubles tennis - Jul 26, 2012
- Davis Cup: India captain weighs his options - Sep 12, 2012
- Olympic tennis: Last chance for Paes and Bhupathi (Preview) - Jul 27, 2012
- I pushed Nishikori to step-up his game: Vardhan - Sep 18, 2011
- Somdev, Sania to lead India's challenge in Asian Games tennis - Oct 22, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,