Davis Cup: India concede doubles tie against South AfricaSeptember 19th, 2009 - 7:50 pm ICT by IANS
Johannesburg, Sep 19 (IANS) South Africa pulled one back in the Davis Cup World Group play-off after India conceded the doubles tie when Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna were a set-all and down 0-4 in the third against Jeff Coetzee and Wesley Moodie here Saturday.
Bhupathi was injured and could not continue with India trailing 3-6, 6-3, 0-4.
India still lead the tie 2-1 after Somdev Devvarman and Bopanna won the two opening singles Friday.
India will have to win one of the two reverse singles Sunday to enter the World Group Finals for the first time since 1998.
- Davis Cup: India pull off stunning win against Brazil - Sep 19, 2010
- Bhupathi's injury gives South Africa a lifeline(Lead) - Sep 19, 2009
- Somdev beats De Voest as India qualify for Davis World Group - Sep 20, 2009
- Somdev should wrap the tie for India: Misra - Sep 19, 2009
- Davis Cup: Somdev to spearhead India's challenge against Serbia - Jan 29, 2011
- Davis Cup: Sugita gives Japan 1-0 lead against India - Sep 16, 2011
- Mahesh Bhupathi opts out of Davis Cup tie - Mar 06, 2012
- Davis Cup: Somdev goes down to Ricardo Mello, India trail 0-2 - Sep 17, 2010
- Somdev's strained shoulder makes him doubtful for reverse singles - Sep 17, 2011
- Misra a relieved man as India enter Davis Cup World Group - Sep 20, 2009
- I pushed Nishikori to step-up his game: Vardhan - Sep 18, 2011
- Davis Cup: Paes-Bhupathi keep Indian hopes alive - Sep 18, 2010
- Davis Cup: Somdev to lead India's challenge against Japan - Aug 19, 2011
- Somdev, Bopanna power India to Davis Cup World Group - Sep 19, 2010
- India relegated, Japan through to Davis Cup World Group(Lead) - Sep 18, 2011