Davey Johnson: ‘Fire me if Nationals misses playoffs’March 1st, 2012 - 12:57 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Feb 29 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Nats manager Davey Johnson clearly understands what is at stake. During a chat with CSN, Johnson stated categorically that if he fails to make the playoffs this season, the team should fire him.
When it was pointed out to him that he has set a strong target, Johnson insisted that he had no doubt in his mind that his team will make the playoffs.
CSN’s Kelli Johnson’s question was “When you look at this season, when it’s all said and done, will it be a disappointment, a failure in your mind, if this team does not make the playoffs?”
Johnson quickly said that, “No question in my mind. You know, and they can fire me.”
When Mike Rizzo addressed the same question from Federal Baseball last week, he was also confident that the team will make the playoffs. He however failed to put his head on the chopping block for that happening. According to him, the team is well prepared and may have a great season even if they fail to make the playoffs.
The Nats are not known to be a winning team so their newfound optimism has shocked many observers.
- Jacksonville Jaguars fire Jack Del Rio - Nov 29, 2011
- Major league baseball playoffs - Oct 03, 2011
- Rai reinforces India'S talent pool on Asian Tour - Sep 12, 2011
- Ponting to be tested over Johnson's poor form - Nov 29, 2010
- MVP Edgar Renteria Calls 7th Inning Home Run, Giants Win! - Nov 02, 2010
- Uzoh records Raptors' first triple double in 11 years - Apr 27, 2012
- Kelly Ripa still looking for a new co-host - Dec 07, 2011
- Pressure on Super Kings against Knight Riders - Apr 29, 2012
- NJIT professor projects 2011 Major League Baseball winners using math - Apr 02, 2011
- Gayle selection not my call, says Sammy - May 23, 2012
- A number of upsets happen in the Major league baseball playoffs - Oct 10, 2011
- Kelly's ex-boyfriend shocked over her pregnancy - Mar 20, 2011
- VIDEO: Rangers Manager Apology For Testing Positive For Cocaine - Mar 18, 2010
- Waugh asks Australian selectors to maintain stability - Dec 08, 2010
- OK Go & Muppets team up for a music video - Aug 24, 2011
Tags: baseball, chopping block, csn, disappointment, failure, feb 29, kelli johnson, manager davey johnson, mike rizzo, misses, nationals, nats, no doubt, observers, optimism, stake, target, winning team