Dates for 5 ODIs, T20 between Pakistan and Australia in UAE announcedFebruary 7th, 2009 - 2:51 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Feb.7 (ANI): The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has announced the dates of the one-day international series between Pakistan and Australia which would be played in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
The series will be held from April 24 to May 7.
The series includes five one-day internationals beside a Twenty20 game.
The first two ODIs and the Twenty20 match will be played in Dubai, while Abu Dhabi will be hosting the remaining three one day games of the series.
PCB chairman Ijaz Butt, while announcing the itinerary here, said the series will provide some world class match practice to the Pakistani team which has played very little international cricket in recent times.
He said that though Australia refused to visit Pakistan which forced the PCB to relocate the series to a neutral venue, the Board is looking forward to huge financial gains.
Pakistan will get good financial rewards from the ODI series against Australia even if they are played at a neutral venue, The Daily Times quoted Butt, as saying.
Australia, which has not played in Pakistan since 1998, had cancelled their tour of Pakistan in the wake of the heightened violence in March 2008, and were expected to visit the country separately for the ODI and Test series in 2009. (ANI)
- Pakistan cricket team to tour Sri Lanka in June - Apr 30, 2012
- Zaheer Abbas vouches for "clean and fair" England cricketers - Sep 22, 2010
- Pakistan to play 3 ODIs, 2 T20s in India in Dec-Jan (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Yasir Hameed apologises to PCB for British tabloid interview on spot-fixing - Dec 31, 2010
- PCB still hopeful about Bangladesh series - Apr 25, 2012
- Pak-New Zealand ODI series to be held in UAE - Sep 14, 2009
- PCB chief leaves for New Zealand to decide on WC captain - Jan 20, 2011
- Pakistan to have full-fledged Bangladesh tour in December-January - Apr 23, 2011
- England play six Tests, 13 ODIs and four T-20s next summer - Sep 30, 2011
- PCB boss Butt 'secretly' leaves for NZ to decide on Pak captain for World Cup - Jan 21, 2011
- Australia tours West Indies from March 16 - Nov 12, 2011
- Pakistan to host one-day series against NZ in UAE - Sep 14, 2009
- (VM) India-Pakistan to revive cricketing ties after 5 years (Third Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Dates for Pak-Australia ODI series in Dubai revised again - Feb 28, 2009
- Abbottabad removed as venue of Pakistan-Afghanistan cricket series - May 19, 2011
Tags: abu dhabi, april 24, australia, butt, day internationals, dubai, financial rewards, game, international cricket, itinerary, match, neutral venue, odi series, pakistan cricket board, pakistan cricket board pcb, t20, test series, uae, united arab emirates, violence