Darren Bravo eagerly eyeing World T20 returnSeptember 4th, 2012 - 4:46 pm ICT by IANS
Bridgetown (Barbados), Sep 4 (IANS/CMC) Stylish West Indies batsman Darren Bravo is hoping to rekindle his love affair with Sri Lanka when he suits up for the Twenty20 World Cup later this month.
The left-hander is a member of the 15-man squad currently in camp at the High Performance Centre at the UWI Cave Hill Campus, in preparation for the Sep 18 to Oct 7 tournament in Sri Lanka.
He has not played for the Windies, however, since injury curtailed his tour of England last June and is hoping Sri Lanka proves a happy hunting ground, CMC reports.
“I made a good start to my Test career in Sri Lanka a few years ago so it is a place that has good memories for me,” Bravo said.
“I enjoy the conditions, the atmosphere and the overall environment there. I have done quite well in Asia in general so this World Cup is something that I’m looking forward to.”
Bravo has been one of the leading batsmen for the Caribbean squad over the last year, despite his modest form on the recent England tour.
However, injury sidelined him for the entire New Zealand series which the West Indies won comprehensively.
With very little competitive cricket under his belt, Bravo said he was eagerly looking forward to playing in the two practice matches coming up on Thursday in order to measure his match
“I will try to use those two matches to get fully back into the groove. I played in the T20 tournament in Trinidad recently and I felt comfortable at the crease again,” Bravo said.
- Windies has attack for all seasons, says confident Gibson - Sep 08, 2012
- Pollard shrugs off favourites tag - Sep 06, 2012
- Windies begin final preparations for World T20 - Sep 01, 2012
- Good show in England will set tone for India series: Sammy - Sep 16, 2011
- Confident West Indies leave for Sri Lanka - Sep 10, 2012
- Gibson believes West Indies can overcome England - Sep 20, 2011
- Sammy says Windies must back up 'favourites' tag - Sep 02, 2012
- West Indies bring back Darren Bravo for T20 World Cup - Aug 23, 2012
- Out-of-form Bravo released, Hyatt called up - Mar 29, 2012
- Windies performed well, says U-19 captain Braithwaite - Aug 29, 2012
- World T20: Gibson upbeat on Windies chances - Sep 11, 2012
- No Bravo for warm-up match against Black Caps - Jul 15, 2012
- Sammy keeps eyes on the skies as Windies face Lions - May 10, 2012
- Deonarine named in Windies squad for first Test - Apr 05, 2012
- West Indies sweat on Bravo's fitness for crucial fourth ODI - Dec 07, 2011
Tags: batsman, cave hill campus, crease, cricket, dg, england tour, groove, happy hunting ground, high performance centre, left hander, love affair, man squad, match, oct 7, test career, twenty20 world cup, uwi cave hill, uwi cave hill campus, west indies, windies