Darnell McDonald The New Boston Red Sox HeroApril 21st, 2010 - 7:23 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Boston, Apr 21, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Darnell McDonald is the new hero of the Boston Red Sox team as he helped the team to break the five game losing streak. The player who joined the Major League team just an hour before the game against Texas Rangers on Tuesday, played an important role to get the team a 7-6 win over the opponent. In the eighth innings, as the Boston Red Sox were trying hard to chase the Texas Rangers, Darnell McDonald hit a pinch-hit two-run homer to make a tie of the scores and then in the ninth innings he went for the walk-off single to get the 7-6 lead over the opponent.
The player was called to play for the Boston Red Sox just a few hours before the game began on Tuesday night against Texas Ranger. He was called up from Triple-A Pawtucket as the Boston Red Sox bought his contract from the former. Darnell McDonald was sent to field to pitch-hit for Josh Reddick. The team at that point was trailing behind the Texas Rangers who came up with a brilliant play from the very beginning of the game. Darnell McDonald’s pinch hit led to a 6-6 tie and then the single walk in led to the 7-6 win.
After the memorable win, exultant Darnell McDonald said that playing for the Boston Red Sox is a dream come true for him and that he had signed for the team to play in this kind of atmosphere only. Terry Francona, the Boston Red Sox manager said that it does not matter how they have managed the win, what matters is the ultimate win that the team desperately needed.
- Jarrod Saltalamacchia Traded To Boston Red Sox - Aug 01, 2010
- Daniel Nava Goes For A Grand Slam - Jun 13, 2010
- NJIT professor projects 2011 Major League Baseball winners using math - Apr 02, 2011
- Boston Red Sox moves to the top of the 'Al wild card chase' - Sep 28, 2011
- Dustin Moseley Takes To Field A Day Earlier - Aug 09, 2010
- Pawtucket Red Sox owner Ben Mondor dead at 85 - Oct 04, 2010
- RCB desperate to return to winning streak - May 05, 2012
- Youkilis vs Porcello: The Clash Between The Players - Aug 12, 2009
- Tony La Russa talks on the David Letterman show - Nov 01, 2011
- Ron Washington Shows Pride For His Rangers - Oct 23, 2010
- Bobby Jenks Agrees To $2Million Deal With Boston Red Sox? - Dec 17, 2010
- Angels Wins Against Red Sox for Three Home Runs of Torii Hunter - Oct 09, 2009
- Texas Rangers Register Victory In Must-Win World Series Game 3 - Oct 31, 2010
- Marcus Thames Snatches Win For Yankees - May 18, 2010
- Marco Scutaro Makes Preliminary Agreement With Boston Red Sox - Dec 05, 2009
Tags: atmosphere, boston red sox, darnell mcdonald, eighth innings, game losing streak, homer, kar, major league, meena, new boston, new hero, opponent, pawtucket, reddick, terry francona, texas ranger, texas rangers, tuesday night