Darbari, Mohindroo and Jaichandran suspended from CWG : Lalit BhanotAugust 5th, 2010 - 8:38 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug 5 (ANI): Lalit Bhanot, the Secretary General of the Commonwealth Games Organising Committee (CGOC), on Thursday said T S Darbari, Sanjay Mohindroo and M Jaichandran have been suspended from the 2010 Games following allegations of corruption.
CGOC Joint Director General T S Darbari, and a close side of Commonwealth Games Organising Committee Chairman Suresh Kalmadi, has been suspended after censure by the Sports Ministry.
The names of Darbari and CGOC Deputy Director General Sanjay Mohindroo figured in the investigations into alleged irregularites into services provided during the Queen’s Baton Relay in London.
“Darbari and Mohindroo were the people responsible for delivery, Jaichandran was the person responsible for accounts and they would remain under suspension while the ED conducted its inquiry,” said Bhanot.
Bhanot further insisted though that the Organising Committee was ‘transparent’, and that it defended its decisions.
“The committee has also decided to sack an Australian company hired to land sponsorships for the Commonwealth Games, Sports Marketing and Management (SMAM), for ‘non-performance’,” he added.
Earlier today, Commonwealth Games Organising Committee Treasurer Anil Khanna tendered his resignation over media reports that his son’s company was being awarded contracts for the synthetic tennis turfs being laid for the 2010 Games.
It was reported that Rebound Ace, an Australian firm specialising in synthetic play courts, laid down contracts for synthetic turfs, whose CEO is Khanna’s son Aditya. (ANI)
- CGOC: Heads start rolling with three suspensions and one resignation (Roundup) - Aug 05, 2010
- Darbari, Mahendroo suspended from CGOC - Aug 05, 2010
- CWG scam: Enforcement Directorate to quiz Darbari - Aug 09, 2010
- Darbari terminated over CWG corrupting charges - Aug 09, 2010
- 'Collective responsibility of Kalmadi-led executive board cannot be ignored' - Aug 12, 2010
- Probe into CWG corruption charges soon: Lalit Bhanot - Oct 13, 2010
- Cabinet secretary KM Chandrasekhar to oversee CWG preparations - Aug 13, 2010
- CGOC's decision to terminate contract vicious, concocted: SMAM - Aug 11, 2010
- Heads start rolling, CGOC treasurer Anil Khanna quits - Aug 05, 2010
- CBI quizzes Kalmadi aides Bhanot, Bhore in CWG scam - Dec 28, 2010
- Bhanot may be summoned by Enforcement Directorate - Oct 20, 2010
- CWG Treasurer Khanna quits over corruption charges - Aug 05, 2010
- I've done no wrong, don't make me scapegoat: Darbari - Aug 07, 2010
- Australian sports firm refutes charges of financial irregularities - Aug 04, 2010
- CWG organising committee forms panel to probe irregularities - Aug 03, 2010
Tags: anil, censure, cgoc, committee chairman, commonwealth games, deputy director general, games sports, lalit bhanot, New Delhi, organising committee, rebound ace, resignation, sanjay, secretary general, smam, specialising, sports marketing, sports ministry, suresh kalmadi, synthetic turfs