Danica Patrick involved in car wreck in the Daytona 500 raceFebruary 28th, 2012 - 8:55 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Daytona, Feb 28 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Danica Patrick, considered the greatest woman NASCAR driver of all time, managed to complete the Daytona 500 race despite being involved in a nasty crash.
The fans gave her cheers as she entered into her repaired car to continue the race. At that time, she was 62 laps behind the leaders. She managed to complete the race at the 38th position.
The story of Danica is just an extension of the whole race yesterday. Excessive rain delayed the race for more than 30 hours. Deadly fire that brought out during the race fortunately failed to harm anyone but it also delayed the race for two more hours because the tracks were all engulfed in fire. When everything was finally brought under control, the race started.
The race turned out to be as dramatic as many of the cars wrecked. Matt Kenseth won the race when he edged past Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Danica, who left the IndyCar to concentrate on the NASCAR season, believes that she can come up again next season. She told reporters after the race that, “Any lap that I turn is progression, that’s for sure. That’s why I was so proud of everyone working hard — and they were working hard to get me back on the track. There wasn’t much to gain as far as position-wise, but what there was to gain was for me to get the experience running out there.”
- Danica Patrick has 3 wrecks in 3 races at the Daytona 500 - Feb 28, 2012
- Daytona 500 2012 race thrills all - Feb 28, 2012
- All eyes are on Danica Patrick at the Nascar Sprint Cup - Dec 24, 2011
- Danica Patrick to make her NASCAR debut - Feb 09, 2010
- Danica Patrick's NASCAR debut is long awaited - Feb 11, 2010
- Danica Patrick Is Going To Make NASCAR Debut - Feb 09, 2010
- Kevin Harvick Wins Coke Zero 400 In A Wild Finish - Jul 04, 2010
- Trevor Bayne wins Daytona 500 race - Feb 21, 2011
- NASCAR driver Matt Kenseth's wife Katie Kenseth injured in car accident - Sep 28, 2011
- Kate Upton is Grand Marshal at the Daytona 500 race - Feb 27, 2012
- Jamie McMurray Secures Tearful Win At NASCAR - Feb 15, 2010
- Danica Patrick's NASCAR Debut Eagerly Awaited - Feb 11, 2010
- Juan Pablo involved in Montoya crash - Feb 29, 2012
- Dale Earnhardt inducted into the NASCAR Hall of Fame 2010 - Oct 15, 2009
- Danica Patrick makes her debut at NASCAR - Feb 07, 2010
Tags: car wreck, cars, cheers, dale earnhardt, dale earnhardt jr, danica patrick, daytona 500, daytona 500 race, deadly fire, excessive rain, indycar, laps, matt kenseth, nascar, nascar season, nasty crash