Danica Patrick has 3 wrecks in 3 races at the Daytona 500February 28th, 2012 - 10:56 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Daytona, Feb 28 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Danica Patrick became the third woman in history to compete in the Daytona 500 race. Patrick’s dream of a grand finish was almost dashed just two laps into the race.
Her vehicle was involved in a nasty crash which wrecked her car. Fortunately, her car was restored and she continued the race. She managed to complete the race and finished at the 38th position. She also managed to have 3 wrecks in 3 races.
After the race, Patrick spoke about her motivation to continue with the race. She said that, “People were working hard to get me back on the track. Was there much to gain as far as position wise? No. But what there was to gain was for me to get the experience of running out there… I ran in packs for a little while, the car was a little bent-up so it didn’t feel perfect. As it got later and later in the race, I just didn’t want to play a part, didn’t want to have an influence on it.”
Patrick’s decision to go ahead with the race was cheered by the fans. That seemed to have cheered her on as she managed to finish at the 38th position.
Patrick decided to concentrate on NASCAR after she quit the IndyCar series. She has indicated her decision to continue in the race next season.
- Danica Patrick involved in car wreck in the Daytona 500 race - Feb 28, 2012
- All eyes are on Danica Patrick at the Nascar Sprint Cup - Dec 24, 2011
- Danica Patrick Is Going To Make NASCAR Debut - Feb 09, 2010
- Danica Patrick makes her debut at NASCAR - Feb 07, 2010
- Danica Patrick to make her NASCAR debut - Feb 09, 2010
- Danica Patrick's NASCAR debut is long awaited - Feb 11, 2010
- Danica Patrick's NASCAR Debut Eagerly Awaited - Feb 11, 2010
- NASCAR driver Matt Kenseth's wife Katie Kenseth injured in car accident - Sep 28, 2011
- Daytona 500 2012 race thrills all - Feb 28, 2012
- Danica Patrick Gets Booed For Excuses - May 23, 2010
- Danica Patrick booed after finishing 23rd in the qualifying round of the Indianapolis 500 - May 24, 2010
- Kate Upton is Grand Marshal at the Daytona 500 race - Feb 27, 2012
- Juan Pablo involved in Montoya crash - Feb 29, 2012
- Khushlani finishes impressive sixth in JK Racing Asia Series - Oct 29, 2011
- Indian GP champions dedicate victory to Wheldon, Simoncelli - Oct 30, 2011