Dalmiya is a legend in cricket administration: GangulyJuly 24th, 2009 - 10:30 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 24 (IANS) Amidst speculation that he is gearing up to take on incumbent Jagmohan Dalmiya in the Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) presidential elections next year, former Indian captain Sourav Ganguly Friday described the former cricket board chief as a ‘legend’ in the game’s administration.
“He is a legend in cricket administration, and he will be,” Ganguly said in an interview on a Bengali television news channel Star Ananda.
“I am reading lot of speculations about why I want to get into cricket administration. I am not going there to fight anybody. I don’t have any such mentality,” said Ganguly, who will make his debut in cricket administration by attending the July 31 CAB annual general meeting (AGM).
To another query about his probable clash with Dalmiya in the CAB administration, he said: “Both of us have the same goal, to take forward Bengal cricket.”
Gangly said he wanted to use his experience to contribute to Bengal cricket.
“I will try to give my best. Hopefully, I will be acceptable,” he said.
In the run-up to the coming CAB AGM, the anti-Dalmiya opposition had tried to persuade Ganguly to file his nomination for the top post, but Ganguly shied away.
- Dalmiya has a challenger in Samar Pal for top CAB post - Jul 21, 2012
- Dalmiya re-elected CAB president - Jul 28, 2012
- CAB trying to rope in Kapil as bowling consultant - Jul 28, 2012
- Dalmiya all set to continue unchallenged as CAB chief - Jul 27, 2010
- Dalmiya unlikely to face opposition in CAB presidential race - Jul 11, 2009
- Dalmiya should resign from CAB, says long-time opponent - Jan 27, 2011
- May enter Bengal cricket administration someday: Sourav - Feb 14, 2011
- Ganguly announces retirement from all forms of cricket - Feb 07, 2011
- Dalmiya set to retain CAB president's post - Jul 24, 2009
- Has Eden Gardens become a pawn in cricket board politics? - Feb 04, 2011
- Ganguly backtracks on quitting, still game for IPL (Lead) - Feb 08, 2011
- Ganguly to begin innings in cricket administration at CAB AGM - Jul 22, 2009
- Mamata, CAB felicitate golden boy Sachin (Lead) - May 12, 2012
- Mamata, CAB felicitate golden boy Sachin - May 12, 2012
- Sedate CAB AGM folds up in 40 minutes - Jul 28, 2010
Tags: agm, annual general meeting, bengali, clash, cricket association of bengal, cricket board, debut, game, indian captain, jagmohan dalmiya, kolkata, mentality, nomination, opposition, presidential elections, sourav ganguly, speculation, speculations, star ananda, television news