Dallas Cowboys: The New Team For Dez BryantApril 23rd, 2010 - 8:30 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Desoto, Apr 23, (THAINDIAN NEWS) For Oklahoma State wide receiver Dez Bryant, the Thursday night turned out to be one of the most memorable nights as he became the 24th draft pick for the first round and landed up in a team that he has always idolized. The media that had criticized the player and questioned his character few months back flooded the house of the adviser of Dez Bryant where the latter was during the Thursday night draft pick. The overwhelmed Dez Bryant who received a call from the owner of the Dallas Cowboys Jerry Jones two hours after the NFL draft began, said that what matters to him the most is the fact that he is going to play for the team he always wanted to.
The day turned out to be an eventful one both for the Dallas Cowboys and Dez Bryant. While Dez Bryant tried to maintain his cool in front of his family and friends, the owner of the Dallas Cowboys had to go for some real quick business to acquire Dez Bryant. The Dallas Cowboys traded their 27th overall pick to the New England Patriots to get their 24th overall pick which allowed them to get Dez Bryant to the team.
Dez Bryant was considered as one of the top wide receivers. He has to his credit 29 touchdowns with 2,425 yards in just 28 games at Oklahoma State. However, due to his suspension from three games last year due to a lie that he told to the NCAA about his relationship with Deion Sanders many teams reportedly restrained from drafting him.
- Ignorance Costs Dez Bryant Massive Dinner Bill - Sep 30, 2010
- Dallas Cowboys Trade Veteran Receiver Patrick Crayton To San Diego Chargers - Sep 04, 2010
- Jeff Ireland Apologizes For Asking About Dez Bryant's Mother - Apr 28, 2010
- Redskins-Cowboys: Watch out for an interesting game today - Sep 27, 2011
- Week 10 fantasy football - Nov 15, 2010
- Emmanuel Sanders Selected In Third Round Draft - Apr 24, 2010
- Cowboys will interview Cam Newton - Feb 26, 2011
- Sam Bradford Signs Record Contract With St. Louis Rams - Jul 31, 2010
- Deion Sanders, Marshall Faulk And Five Others Inducted In NFL Pro Football Hall Of Fame - Feb 06, 2011
- Alex Barron's Penalty Cost Dallas Cowboys Heavily - Sep 13, 2010
- Cowboys Defeat Eagles To Register First Victory In Decades - Jan 10, 2010
- Philadelphia Eagles Pick Riley Cooper In Fifth Round - Apr 25, 2010
- New England Patriots Pick Ohio Wide Receiver Taylor Price - Apr 24, 2010
- Emmitt Smith Gets Emotional While Delivering Hall Of Fame Speech - Aug 09, 2010
- Kansas City Chiefs' Wide Receiver Dexter McCluster Creates Club Record - Sep 14, 2010
Tags: adviser, dallas cowboys, deion sanders, desoto, dez bryant, family and friends, jerry jones, kar, meena, memorable nights, ncaa, new england, new england patriots, nfl draft, oklahoma state, relationship, three games, thursday night, top wide receivers, wide receiver