Dallas Cowboys Quarterback Tony Romo Fractures Collarbone Against New York GiantsOctober 26th, 2010 - 5:47 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Dallas, Oct 26, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Lady luck was surely not smiling at the Dallas Cowboys on Monday night as the team tried their level best to save their but failed to do so as they suffered a humiliating victory against NFC East rival New York Giants. However, the defeat was not the only reason which left the large number of Dallas Cowboys fans rather disappointed as star quarterback Tony Romo suffered a major injury in the second quarter of Monday night’s game.
Soon after his injury, Tony Romo sustained a blow in his left shoulder and he remained unmoved on the ground as trainer’s rushed to his aid. The star quarterback was soon taken off the field and X-Rays were conducted to ascertain the nature of his injury as Dallas Cowboys back-up Jon Kitna took his position in the game. Later, the team announced that Tony Romo would not be returning to Monday night’s game as he had fractured his left clavicle. The 30-year-old high-acclaimed player broke his collarbone when New York Giants linebacker Michael Boley drove Tony Romo on his left shoulder as he attempted to throw a 14-yard completion to Miles Austin.
Tony Romo’s injury has left his large number of fans rather dismayed as chances are high that it would mean the end of his season given the fact that the usual recuperation period from a broken collarbone is estimated to be somewhere between eight to ten weeks. Meanwhile, Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones has revealed to the media that the initial prognosis was 6-8 weeks which means that Tony Romo would have be out of the game at least till December.
- Fans Looking Forward To Saturday Night Game Of Philip Rivers Against Tony Romo - Aug 21, 2010
- Alex Barron's Penalty Cost Dallas Cowboys Heavily - Sep 13, 2010
- Candice Crawford Gets Engaged To Tony Romo - Dec 18, 2010
- Redskins-Cowboys: Watch out for an interesting game today - Sep 27, 2011
- Cowboys Defeat Eagles To Register First Victory In Decades - Jan 10, 2010
- New Orleans Saints vs NY Giants - Nov 29, 2011
- Candice Crawford Engaged To Her Dream Cowboy? - Dec 17, 2010
- Cincinnati Bengals Quarterback Jordan Palmer Fails To Impress - Aug 09, 2010
- Monday Night Football: New York Giants thrash St. Louis Rams - Sep 20, 2011
- Injuries Fail To Rout Green Bay Packers' Super Bowl Victory - Feb 07, 2011
- Washington Redskins Post 13-7 Victory Over Dallas Cowboys - Sep 13, 2010
- DeMarcus Ware Of Dallas Cowboys Suffered Neck Injury - Dec 14, 2009
- Redskins vs. Cowboys Game: Fans have a blast - Sep 27, 2011
- Jessica Simpson and Tony Romo are good friends even now - Mar 13, 2010
- Jessica Simpson Still Likes Ex-Flame Tony Romo - Mar 13, 2010
Tags: broken collarbone, cowboys quarterback tony romo, dallas cowboys, dallas cowboys owner, dallas cowboys quarterback, dallas cowboys quarterback tony romo, gina gomez, jerry jones, jon kitna, lady luck, left clavicle, left shoulder, linebacker, michael boley, new york giants, nfc east, recuperation period, star quarterback, x rays, yard completion