Dallas Cowboys Prevail Over Cincinnati Bengals In First Pre-Season GameAugust 9th, 2010 - 8:01 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Canton, Aug 9, (THAINDIAN NEWS) It was Chad Ochocinco’s golden shoes and Terrell Owens’ friendly chit chats with the players of Dallas Cowboys that made viewers to look at the Cincinnati Bengals team which otherwise was barely noticeable in the field for its play. In the Hall of Fame Game in Sunday night, the Dallas Cowboys prevailed over the Cincinnati Bengals with a 16-7 win over the latter. However none of the teams came forward with a brilliant play and among the two, the case of Cincinnati Bengals seemed worse.
The two teams showed a bad display of offense which has become a matter of concern for the teams. There were eight sacks in total during the Sunday night game and although the Dallas Cowboys were able to reach 16 points, the aura seemed to be missing. At the same time number of penalties that happened on Sunday was also disheartening. During the game there were 16 over all penalties, with 12 by the Cincinnati Bengals for 90 yards. The first touchdown of the play came in the fourth quarter and the first offensive touchdown was seen only towards the end of the game.
However, being the first pre-season game, both the teams are hoping to improve in the coming games. The Dallas Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said to media sources that the best thing about the pre-season game is that one comes to see “what you did and what you need to improve on”. On the part of Cincinnati Bengals, this was the first game of wide receiver Terrell Owens in the new uniform and also the first game against the team to which he belonged earlier and the player hopes to come up with some good performances in the coming games.
- Receiver Terrell Owens Joins Chad Ochocinco In Cincinnati Bengals - Jul 28, 2010
- Cincinnati Bengals Quarterback Jordan Palmer Fails To Impress - Aug 09, 2010
- Fans Looking Forward To Saturday Night Game Of Philip Rivers Against Tony Romo - Aug 21, 2010
- Washington Redskins Post 13-7 Victory Over Dallas Cowboys - Sep 13, 2010
- Alex Barron's Penalty Cost Dallas Cowboys Heavily - Sep 13, 2010
- Rubi Pazmino, The Ultimate Catch Of Chad Ochocinco - Sep 06, 2010
- Denver Broncos See Two Bright Spots In Loss Against Cincinnati Bengals - Aug 16, 2010
- Redskins vs. Cowboys Game: Fans have a blast - Sep 27, 2011
- Cowboys Defeat Eagles By 20-16 - Nov 09, 2009
- Bengals Become AFC North Topper In NFL Scores Week 5 - Oct 12, 2009
- Cincinnati Bengals' Wide Receiver Terell Owens Speaks About His Match Against Pittsburgh Steelers - Nov 08, 2010
- Wade Phillips' Job Might Be At Stake - Nov 08, 2010
- Monday Night Football: Philadelphia Eagles vs Chicago Bears - Nov 07, 2011
- Terence Newman is the showstopper in Dallas Cowboys win - Sep 30, 2009
- Week 10 fantasy football - Nov 15, 2010
Tags: chit chats, cincinnati bengals, coming games, dallas cowboys, dallas cowboys coach, dey, first game, golden shoes, hall of fame, hall of fame game, madhuri, media sources, night game, offensive touchdown, sacks, season game, terrell owens, time number, wade phillips, wide receiver terrell