Dale Earnhardt inducted into the NASCAR Hall of Fame 2010October 15th, 2009 - 4:37 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
North Carolina, Oct 14 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Owner and driver Dale Earnhardt was inducted into the prestigious NASCAR Hall of Fame 2010 today for his enormous contribution to the world of racing. There were in all 25 finalists breathing neck to neck and Dale was amongst the 5 that were finally chosen.
Dale Earnhardt was born on April 29, 1951 and he died an untimely death on February 18, 2001. He was an American racecar driver, best known for his career driving stock cars in NASCAR’s top division.
Earnhardt had four children, Kerry, Kelley Earnhardt Elledge, Dale Jr., and Taylor Earnhardt. His married Teresa Earnhardt in 1982 was the owner of current Earnhardt Ganassi Racing, (EGR) the race team and merchandising corporation that Earnhardt founded with Teresa was founded in February 1980.
Dale died in a car crash on the racing ground itself, on the 2001 Daytona 500 race.
According to reports, when the medical crews converged upon the crash scene, NASCAR on Fox reporter Jeanne Zelasko asked Schrader about Earnhardt’s condition. “I’m not a doctor, but I got the heck out of the way as soon as they got there,” Schrader said solemnly.
Brutally injured Earnhardt was taken to Halifax Medical Center by ambulance after being removed from his car. Hours later, at a press conference, NASCAR President Mike Helton made the formal announcement to the world saying, “Undoubtedly this is one of the toughest announcements I’ve personally had to make. After the accident in Turn 4 at the end of the Daytona 500, we’ve lost Dale Earnhardt.”
- Danica Patrick involved in car wreck in the Daytona 500 race - Feb 28, 2012
- Danica Patrick to make her NASCAR debut - Feb 09, 2010
- Daytona 500 2012 race thrills all - Feb 28, 2012
- Trevor Bayne wins Daytona 500 race - Feb 21, 2011
- Bill France Sr. inducted in the NASCAR Hall of Fame 2010 - Oct 15, 2009
- NASCAR owner Rick Hendrick survives a plane crash - Nov 01, 2011
- Shane Hmiel recovering after surgery - Oct 12, 2010
- Jamie McMurray Secures Tearful Win At NASCAR - Feb 15, 2010
- Danica Patrick's NASCAR debut is long awaited - Feb 11, 2010
- All eyes are on Danica Patrick at the Nascar Sprint Cup - Dec 24, 2011
- NASCAR Hall of Fame 2010 inductees - Oct 15, 2009
- Danica Patrick Is Going To Make NASCAR Debut - Feb 09, 2010
- Danica Patrick has 3 wrecks in 3 races at the Daytona 500 - Feb 28, 2012
- Kevin Harvick Wins Coke Zero 400 In A Wild Finish - Jul 04, 2010
- NASCAR Hall of Fame 2010 has 5 inductees - Oct 15, 2009
Tags: 2001 daytona 500, car crash, crash scene, dale jr, daytona 500, daytona 500 race, driver dale earnhardt, enormous contribution, formal announcement, ganassi racing, jeanne zelasko, kelley earnhardt elledge, medical crews, merchandising corporation, mike helton, nascar hall of fame, president mike, racecar driver, stock cars, teresa earnhardt