CWG scam: CBI raids 20 locations (Lead)May 2nd, 2012 - 3:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 2 (IANS) The CBI Wednesday raided 20 locations in Delhi, the national capital region (NCR), Kolkata and Siliguri in connection with another Commonwealth Games (CWG) scam, an official said.
“It is a case involving tenders for laying synthetic tracks in five CWG stadia. Losses worth Rs.30 crore have been traced in the scam,” a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) official said.
A case has been registered against the Central Public Works Department (CPWD), Delhi Development Authority (DDA) and sports company Shiv Naresh, the official added.
The CWG, which took place in Delhi in October 2010, has been plagued by charges of corruption. The investigation led to the prolonged detention of CWG chief and Congress politician Suresh Kalmadi and his close aides.
- CWG scam: CBI raids 20 locations - May 02, 2012
- CWG scam: CBI raids 20 locations (Second lead) - May 02, 2012
- CWG scam: CBI raids premises of DDA, CPWD officials - Apr 05, 2011
- Kalmadi's close aide Shekhar remanded to CBI custody for two more days - Feb 17, 2011
- Six arrested in CWG road lighting scam - Jun 10, 2011
- Kalmadi requests separate van for court travel - Jul 17, 2011
- CBI arrests Kalmadi's close aide in Pune - Feb 11, 2011
- CWG scam: CBI raids premises of Kalmadi aides, registers 4th FIR - Jan 06, 2011
- CWG scam: Argument on charge from Feb 1 - Jan 12, 2012
- CWG scam: Argument on charge from Feb 1 (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- CWG scam: Decision on bail plea of two accused Feb 15 (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- CWG scam: CBI questions Kalmadi for second time - Mar 15, 2011
- CWG scam: Congress distances itself from Kalmadi - Feb 23, 2011
- CWG scam: Defiant Kalmadi says ready to face any probe - Mar 05, 2011
- Kalmadi eyes London trip during Olympics - Jul 12, 2012
Tags: aides, cbi raids, central bureau of investigation, commonwealth games, corruption, cpwd delhi, crore, cwg, delhi development authority, delhi development authority dda, kolkata, losses, ncr, New Delhi, politician, shiv, siliguri, sports company, stadia, tenders