CWG mascot Shera visits Delhi schoolSeptember 3rd, 2010 - 9:34 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Sep 3 (ANI): The mascot for the 2010 Commonwealth Games, Shera, visited the Sanskriti School here on Friday to promote the upcoming mega event.
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and Commonwealth Games Organising Committee President Suresh Kalmadi also attended the event in the school to spread awareness about the Games.
“We want the children of Delhi to participate and I am very happy and glad that we are starting this inaugural function of ‘Shera, My Friend’ in Sanskriti School,” said Dikshit.
“Thirty days left for the game and I think the children of Delhi have done a great job, and we depend on the children of Delhi to turn the tide round and to welcome all the guests who are coming to Delhi,” said Kalmadi, while praising the children of Delhi and commending them for their support of the Games.
Singer Palash Sen, who was also present on the occasion, danced and sang at the event, which is a part of the Games’ promotional campaign called ‘Shera, My Friend’.
The mascot began its promotional journey from Delhi University’s Miranda House College on Wednesday.
The 2010 Commonwealth Games, which kicks off on October 3, is India’s biggest sporting event since the 1982 Asian Games.
India is expecting about two million tourists in New Delhi for the Games, as well as about 10,000 athletes from 71 teams representing 54 Commonwealth member states. (ANI)
- CWG mascot Shera visits ANI - Sep 24, 2010
- Dikshit spells out five mantras for Games' success - Sep 03, 2010
- CWG mascot Shera, Samresh Jung visit Delhi school - Sep 07, 2010
- Dikshit urges people to shun polybags - Sep 18, 2010
- 'It was difficult to adjust Shera in CWG opening ceremony' - Oct 04, 2010
- Sheila Dikshit spreads awareness on C'Wealth Games, unveils giant statue of Shera in New Delhi - Sep 18, 2010
- Queen's baton for Commonwealth Games reaches India (Lead) - Jun 25, 2010
- CWG scam: Delhi JD-U demands ouster of Sheila Dikshit - Apr 26, 2011
- Commonwealth Games mascot regales Delhi varsity students - May 29, 2010
- Court defers hearing over Dikshit - Feb 23, 2012
- Say no to plastic, says Dikshit while launching 'Sheel Shera' intiative - Sep 18, 2010
- Dikshit refuses to comment on Kalmadi's arrest - Apr 25, 2011
- Jammu students cheer Indian CWG contingent with Rangoli - Oct 14, 2010
- Commonwealth Games mascot 'Shera' visits Gurgaon mall - Dec 31, 2009
- SPIC MACAY to help attract youth participation in Games - Mar 04, 2010
Tags: 2010 commonwealth games, asian games, chief minister, committee president, delhi school, delhi university, inaugural function, journey, member states, miranda, New Delhi, organising committee, palash sen, sanskriti school, sheila dikshit, suresh kalmadi, thirty days, tide, tourists, two million