CWG hockey: Scottish women defeat Wales, finish seventhOctober 12th, 2010 - 12:29 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 11 (IANS) Scotland defeated Wales by a 4-2 aggregate via penalties to finish seventh in the women’s hockey competition of the Commonwealth Games here Monday.
The teams were tied 1-1 at the end of the regulation period and the deadlock persisted despite 15 minutes of extra-time, leading to the tie-breaker.
In the penalty shootout, Wales converted just one from four while Scotland came good with their first three attempts to clinch the issue.
In the regulation period, Alisa Robertson put Scotland ahead (6th) and Shara Thomas equalized for Wales (9th).
- CWG men's hockey: India in final with thrilling win over England - Oct 12, 2010
- CWG women's hockey: Aussies beat New Zealand in tie-breaker for gold - Oct 13, 2010
- 1976 Olympics: India's worst show in hockey (Sports Special) - Jul 16, 2012
- BPCL, Army XI make Muruguppa final - Oct 10, 2009
- Asian Champions Trophy: Goalie Sreejes stars in India's win over Pakistan - Sep 11, 2011
- CWG: New Zealand bags hockey bronze - Oct 14, 2010
- Shootout to replace tie-breakers in Azlan Shah hockey - May 06, 2011
- CWG men's hockey: Australia blank India 8-0 to claim gold (Lead) - Oct 14, 2010
- Railways beat UP to reach semis of senior national women's hockey - Jan 27, 2011
- CWG women's hockey: Oz beat Scotland, enter semis - Oct 09, 2010
- ONGC beat Air India to win Lal Bahadur Shastri hockey - Dec 03, 2011
- Santosh Trophy: Punjab in last eight - Jul 23, 2010
- Asian Games: Malaysia beat India 4-3 in hockey semi-finals - Nov 23, 2010
- India deserved to be in CWG hockey final: Brasa - Oct 12, 2010
- CWG men's hockey: South Africa pip Pakistan to finish fifth - Oct 12, 2010