CWG boxing: Suranjoy storms into semisOctober 9th, 2010 - 6:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 9 (IANS) Indian boxer Suranjoy Singh moved into the semifinals of the 52 kg category at the Commonwealth Games here Saturday.
He defeated Malaysian boxer Mohammed Subrie 9-2.
After getting a lead of 3-1 in the first round, Suranjoy was more aggressive in the second and earned six points.
“I was deliberately on defensive mode in the first round as I first wanted to figure out my opponent. There was no pressure on me and I did not find any difficulty in beating him. Now I am looking forward to win the semifinals,” said Suranjoy.
Suranjoy, 24, who hails from Manipur, is a strong favourite to win the gold. He had earlier won the gold at the Commonwealth Boxing Championship in March.
- CWG boxing: Suranjoy, Akhil, Amandeep storms into semis (Lead) - Oct 10, 2010
- CWG: Shooters win two more gold; India slip to third place (Evening Lead) - Oct 09, 2010
- Suranjoy, Sumit in second round of Asian Olympic qualifying event - Apr 06, 2012
- CWG boxing: Vijender knocked out; Suranjoy, Manoj in finals (Lead) - Oct 11, 2010
- Vijender knocked out of World Boxing Championships - Oct 01, 2011
- CWG boxing: Vijender knocked out; Suranjoy, Manoj, Paramjit in finals (Roundup) - Oct 12, 2010
- Asian Games boxing: Paramjeet in semifinal, Chote Lal out - Nov 18, 2010
- Thapa in quarters, Suranjoy out of Olympic qualifiers (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- CWG Boxing: India win three gold (Roundup) - Oct 14, 2010
- Shooters bag two more gold, Sania a silver, but India drop to third - Oct 10, 2010
- Indian boxer Devendro in finals of President's Cup - May 06, 2012
- Asian Games boxing: Five Indians stay in gold hunt; bronze for four - Nov 24, 2010
- Indian boxers, table tennis players win four more Gold Medals on Day-10 of Commonwealth Games - Oct 14, 2010
- Asian Games boxing: Vijender wins gold, India finish with nine medals (Seond Lead) - Nov 26, 2010
- Only an Asian Games gold will erase CWG memories: Vijender - Oct 18, 2010