CSKA Moscow land Aeroflot sponsorship dealJuly 18th, 2012 - 7:49 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, July 18 (IANS/RIA Novosti) National carrier Aeroflot has become a general partner of Russian Premier League side CSKA Moscow in a $9 million sponsorship deal that also sees the team receive an Airbus A320.
The year-long contract was signed Wednesday by CSKA president Yevgeny Giner and Aeroflot general director Vitaly Savyelyev.
Aeroflot, majority-owned by the Russian government, had already been a lower-level CSKA sponsor, previously equipping the club with an older Tu-154 plane.
“We all know what this huge company is all about,” Giner said. “It’s a company that is working more and more effectively, and we will try not to spoil its image and become Russian champions this year,” he added.
Goalkeeper and club captain Igor Akinfeev praised the airline.
“Great conditions have been created for us: quality planes, beautiful stewardesses and great food. It’s all top-notch,” he said.
CSKA finished third last season, behind title winners Zenit St. Petersburg and city rivals Spartak Moscow.
Other CSKA sponsors include Korean car manufacturer Hyundai, Russian bank Promsvyazbank, IT firm Croc and the Aeropolis Hotel.
- Russia's Akinfeev has knee problem: Advocaat - Jun 05, 2012
- Zenit thrash Spartak 5-0 - Aug 11, 2012
- Emenike signs four-year extension with Spartak - Jun 26, 2012
- Russian stewardess fired for tweet on Sukhoi crash - May 11, 2012
- Zenit signs young striker from Montenegro - Jun 06, 2012
- Oldest Zenit fan dies at 103 - Sep 10, 2012
- Kerzhakov signs four-year extension at Zenit - Aug 18, 2012
- We can turn Dzyuba into a great: Emery - Jul 17, 2012
- Russia launches anti-racism football taskforce - Mar 22, 2012
- Russian adventure excites Cinquini - Jul 21, 2012
- Russia relaxes foreign player quota - Jul 05, 2012
- Honda goal gives CSKA win over AIK - Aug 24, 2012
- Russia may blacklist air passengers, pilots - May 16, 2012
- Russian Premier League chief runs for FA post - Jul 18, 2012
- Unai Emery signs two-year Spartak deal - Jun 11, 2012
Tags: aeroflot, airbus a320, car manufacturer, city rivals, club captain, cska moscow, general partner, igor akinfeev, korean car, moscow land, national carrier, ria novosti, russian bank, russian champions, russian government, sponsorship deal, stewardesses, title winners, top notch, vitaly