CSKA look to dominate AIK againAugust 29th, 2012 - 8:07 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Aug 29 (IANS/RIA Novosti) CSKA Moscow coach Leonid Slutsky is expecting Swedish side AIK to sit back and defend despite needing at least a goal in the second leg of their Europa League playoff Thursday.
The Russian side lead the tie 1-0 after Keisuke Honda’s second-half strike gave them a precious away win in Stockholm last week.
“As for the playing model, it will be about the same situation as in the first game. CSKA will possess the initiative and the ball and AIK will be counting on defenders,” said Slutsky.
But defender Georgi Schennikov warned of the threat posed by the Swedes.
“In the first game it was hard to play against them during the set pieces,” he said.
“They have a good defence. The players in the team are tall and powerful.”
CSKA secured the play-off by finishing third in the Russian Premier League last season.
- Honda goal gives CSKA win over AIK - Aug 24, 2012
- Dynamo drawn against Stuttgart in Europa League playoffs - Aug 10, 2012
- Anzhi smash five past Alkmaar to qualify for Europa - Aug 31, 2012
- CSKA coach leaps to Arshavin's defence - Jun 29, 2012
- Keisuke Honda would turn down Lazio - Aug 18, 2012
- Ex-Russia coach backs liberal foreigners limit - Jul 06, 2012
- Anzhi grab narrow win over AZ - Aug 24, 2012
- Spartak take on Fenerbahce in Champions League playoff - Aug 10, 2012
- Own goal saves Spartak's blushes in RPL - Jul 22, 2012
- Jozy Altidore confident about Anzhi clash - Aug 20, 2012
- Hiddink slams UEFA ban for Anzhi home arena - Jul 13, 2012
- Dynamo slump continues with defeat against Terek - Aug 19, 2012
- 'Dangerous' Russia to qualify from group: Hiddink - Jun 10, 2012
- Chelsea crumble under Napoli pressure, Real held in Moscow - Feb 22, 2012
- Anzhi draw Liverpool, Udinese in Europa League - Sep 01, 2012