Cricketer Ajay Tyagi shot dead in GhaziabadJuly 6th, 2012 - 5:35 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 6 (IANS) Veteran cricketer Ajay Tyagi was shot dead late Thursday in Ghaziabad, adjoining national capital New Delhi, police said.
The 47-year-old cricketer, known to be very close to Indian cricketer Suresh Raina, was returning from the playing ground late evening when unidentified persons opened fire at him, killing him on the spot.
Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Ghaziabad Prashant Kumar said the deceased worked at the ordinance factory and was walking back to his residence in the factory premises when unidentified motorcyle-borne assailants fired at him. The body has been sent for autopsy.
- SP leader's son shot dead in Ghaziabad - Aug 12, 2012
- 10-year-old shot dead in celebratory firing in UP - Jul 17, 2012
- Cop arrested for businessman's murder - Sep 25, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh minister named in attempt to murder case - Jun 02, 2011
- Police-public partnership to check crime in Ghaziabad - Aug 02, 2012
- Three robbers lynched in UP village - Sep 06, 2012
- 2 injured in celebratory firing - Apr 03, 2011
- E. Ahamed's relative stabbed - Mar 15, 2012
- Rs.80,000 looted from trader in Ghaziabad - Apr 30, 2010
- One arrested for Delhi High Court blast - May 27, 2011
- No breakthrough in Woodland manager's murder case - Jul 21, 2012
- RJD MP attacked in Bihar - Jul 10, 2011
- Ghaziabad constable found stabbed to death - Oct 24, 2011
- Noida woman jumps to death after fight with lover - Aug 22, 2012
- Two of a family killed, five injured in Ghaziabad - Sep 08, 2010