Cricket Australia reinstate tri-series with India and Sri LankaJune 14th, 2011 - 6:05 pm ICT by IANS
Melbourbe, June 14 (IANS) After a four-year hiatus, Cricket Australia (CA) have reinstated the ODI tri-series with India and Sri Lanka in February in their summer schedule for the 2011-12 season.
The tri-series was dumped earlier due to lack of interest in matches not featuring the host team. Now made part of the international schedule for the first time in four years, it will start Feb 5 with Brisbane and Adelaide hosting the finals, according to the schedule released Tuesday.
The schedule also has six Tests against New Zealand and India, two Twenty20 internationals and at least 14 one-day matches in a triangular format.
Australia will play two Test matches against New Zealand in Brisbane and Hobart and will take on India to kick-start the summer. India also return to Australia since their controversial series in 2007-08.
India will play four Tests, including the Boxing Day Test at the MCG and the New Year’s Test at the SCG. The final Test will be in Adelaide.
Sydney’s Olympic Park and the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) will host two Twenty20 matches against India.
- Australia recall Pattinson, drop Harris - Feb 28, 2012
- India to play extra warm-up game in Australia - Oct 05, 2011
- India will come back strongly in Sydney: Ganguly - Dec 30, 2011
- Hilfenhaus to replace injured Lee in Australian ODI squad - Feb 06, 2012
- Wet pitches hamper Indians' practice session - Jan 30, 2012
- Sheffield Shield to be played under twilight - Aug 17, 2011
- Australia recall Hilfenhaus, Cowan set for Test debut against India - Dec 21, 2011
- Ranchi, Dharmasala to host ODIs against England - Apr 02, 2012
- Lee ruled out of tri-series with broken toe - Feb 05, 2012
- Loss to New Zealand a wake up call before India series: Clarke - Dec 12, 2011
- Bellerive Oval doesn't seem to miss Ponting - Feb 24, 2012
- India must win next two games to reach tri-series final - Feb 22, 2012
- India beat Australia by four wickets - Feb 12, 2012
- Hip injury to Steven Smith sours Australia's record chase - Feb 03, 2011
- Series against India will be highly competitive: Warner - Dec 13, 2011
Tags: adelaide, boxing day, boxing day test, controversial series, cricket australia, final test, hiatus, hobart, host team, internationals, mcg, melbourne cricket ground, odi, olympic park, play four, play two, scg, test matches, tri series, twenty20