Cricket Australia asks Oz players to stop compalaning about playing in T20October 10th, 2010 - 1:01 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, Oct 10 (ANI): Cricket Australia has asked its players to stop complaining about tight schedule between Twenty20 tournaments and Test matches, as it was clearly mentioned in their lucrative Indian Premier League contracts in writing.
Australian batsman Mike Hussey has said that he had requested Cricket Australia to excuse him from the Champions League in order to prepare for the Test series against India, but his request was refused, and he was ordered to play for Chennai Super Kings.
CA holds a 25 per cent stake in the Twenty20 Champions League, therefore it has a vested interest in making its players available for the six million dollar tournament.
But CA said on Saturday that the clause for participation in the Champions League was written into IPL contracts. The organisation was essentially powerless to prevent the franchises from forcing internationals to play.
“The players who choose to sign IPL contracts do so presumably on the basis of eyes wide open. Those contracts are nothing to do with us. It is a condition of those contracts that players stay until the end,” CA spokesman Peter Young told The Sun-Herald.
Hussey and teammate Doug Bollinger were part of Champions League winner Chennai team in South Africa and the pair would have preferred to train with teammates in India.
Hussey struggled in the first innings after two days of preparation, while Bollinger sustained an injury. (ANI)
- Cricket Australia refused Hussey's request to skip T20 CL for India Test series - Oct 08, 2010
- CA admits IPL clause not behind Hussey's extended CSK Champions League stint - Oct 13, 2010
- Australian cricketers want more leniency to get out of T20 duty to prepare for Tests - Oct 09, 2010
- Cricket Australia terms Twenty20 as important as Tests - Oct 13, 2010
- Indian Premier League threat to Australia's tour of Bangladesh - Nov 12, 2010
- Johnson lucky to get a Cricket Australia central contract - Jun 22, 2012
- 'Tired' Hussey, Bollinger's 'chill therapy' to be fighting fit for Mohali Test - Sep 29, 2010
- Is Hayden planning a comeback in Big Bash? - Jul 02, 2011
- Country must come before lucrative Twenty20 league: Clarke - Sep 30, 2010
- Oz tour of India build-up hit by Bollinger, Hussey's participation in Champions League - Sep 26, 2010
- England to adopt 'no mercy' approach towards 'struggling' Aussies in Ashes - Nov 05, 2010
- Injury free Bollinger ready to fight for Ashes spot - Oct 28, 2010
- Chennai Super Kings squad announced, Flintoff ruled out (Lead) - Aug 11, 2010
- Clarke wants teammates to prioritise country over IPL - Dec 09, 2011
- Flintoff out of CSK squad for Champions League - Aug 11, 2010
Tags: batsman, bollinger, champions league, cricket australia, franchises, internationals, ipl, league contracts, league winner, mike hussey, premier league, spokesman, stake, sun herald, teammate, teammates, test matches, test series, tight schedule, vested interest