Cowboys Defeat Eagles To Register First Victory In DecadesJanuary 10th, 2010 - 7:27 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Arlington, Texas, Jan 10, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Dallas Cowboys registered a scintillating win against the Philadelphia Eagles on Saturday night which marked their first postseason victory in over a decade. The Cowboys defeated the Eagles with the score of 34-14 in the wild card game of the National Football Conference. Apart from the fact this was the first victory for the Dallas Cowboys since the 1996 season, what made the win all the more special was the stunning performances displayed by the Cowboys players, which kept the fans asking for more.
The 92,951 fans who witnessed Saturday’s victory, saw stupendous performances by Cowboys player Tony Romo who rushed for 203 yards on 17 passes as well as managed two scores which enabled his team to attain a 27-7 lead during halftime. Moreover, Cowboys running back Felix Jones also displayed an impressive performance as he completed 14 passes for 139 yards and at the same time delivered the longest touchdown in the history of Cowboys’ playoff.
Meanwhile, during the second quarter of the game Eagles quarterback Michael Vick and wide receiver Jeremy Maclin managed a 76-yard pass, which enabled them to tie the score at 7-7. However, the Dallas Cowboys soon took control of the game which ultimately led them to taste the much-awaited victory.
With the victory, the Dallas Cowboys ensured their position in the NFC divisional playoff game which is scheduled to take place next Sunday in which they would be clashing against the Minnesota Vikings. However, the defeat of the Eagles came as a shock for all its fans as they appeared to be the best team of NFL until their unexpected defeat to the Cowboys.
- Dallas Cowboys Quarterback Tony Romo Fractures Collarbone Against New York Giants - Oct 26, 2010
- Philadelphia Eagles Vs Washington Redskins Match Was In Favor Of The Former - Nov 16, 2010
- Cowboys Defeat Eagles By 20-16 - Nov 09, 2009
- Washington Redskins Post 13-7 Victory Over Dallas Cowboys - Sep 13, 2010
- DeSean Jackson Leads Philadelphia Eagles' Victory Over Dallas Cowboys - Dec 13, 2010
- Desean Jackson's Twitter Feeds Draw Attention - Jan 10, 2010
- Michael Vick's Remarkable Performance Made The Day For Eagles - Nov 16, 2010
- Alex Barron's Penalty Cost Dallas Cowboys Heavily - Sep 13, 2010
- Green Bay Packers Reach Super Bowl Finals By Defeating Atlanta Falcons By 48-21 - Jan 16, 2011
- Brett Favre Gears Up For Playoff Game Against Cowboys - Jan 17, 2010
- Fans Looking Forward To Saturday Night Game Of Philip Rivers Against Tony Romo - Aug 21, 2010
- New Orleans Saints vs NY Giants - Nov 29, 2011
- Desean Jackson Ruined Giants' Win In Sunday Night Game - Dec 14, 2009
- Green Bay Packers Beat Chicago Bears, Advance To Super Bowl 2011 - Jan 24, 2011
- Aaron Rodgers Leads Green Bay Packers To Victory - Jan 16, 2011
Tags: arlington texas, cowboys player, dallas cowboys, divisional playoff game, felix jones, first victory, gina gomez, impressive performance, jeremy maclin, minnesota vikings, national football conference, nfc divisional playoff, philadelphia eagles, quarterback michael vick, second quarter, stunning performances, tony romo, touchdown, wide receiver, wild card game