Cowboys Defeat Eagles By 20-16November 9th, 2009 - 7:52 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Nov.9, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Dallas Cowboys defeated rivals Philadelphia Eagles in the National Football League match that was played on Sunday. The game that took place at the Lincoln Financial Field saw the Cowboys register their fourth straight victory with the score 20-16. The match saw all the players of the the team, Dallas Cowboys, display an amazing performance which ultimately ensured their win. The victory was significant as it positioned the Cowboys to take the first place in the National Football Conference East leaving behind Eagles, Redskins and Giants.
With the NFL season entering its midway phase, the Cowboys seem to be in known grounds as they have already won the championship five times. The match marked the 100th clash between the two rival teams. The Dallas Cowboys, who seemed to be in control of the game took a three point lead in the second half, which ultimately made it immensely difficult for the Eagles to come back into the game. The game also witnessed Cowboys player Miles Austin deliver an impressive performance, as the wide receiver of the team scored his first catch and in the season the player has already scored eight touchdowns.
Cowboys player Tony Romo also played immensely well and managed to score along with Miles, the 49 yard touchdown in the fourth quarter that sealed the fate of the game. However, the Philadelphia Eagles also fought back with a 52 yard field goal by its player David Akers but that did not help the Eagles gain control of the match. Romo later added that their team had worked really hard for this win and their coach had come up with a proactive plan, which led to the victory.
- Washington Redskins Post 13-7 Victory Over Dallas Cowboys - Sep 13, 2010
- Philadelphia Eagles Vs Washington Redskins Match Was In Favor Of The Former - Nov 16, 2010
- Cowboys Defeat Eagles To Register First Victory In Decades - Jan 10, 2010
- Alex Barron's Penalty Cost Dallas Cowboys Heavily - Sep 13, 2010
- DeSean Jackson Leads Philadelphia Eagles' Victory Over Dallas Cowboys - Dec 13, 2010
- Eastern Washington Eagles Beats Villanova Wildcats To Reach FCS Final - Dec 18, 2010
- Michael Vick's Remarkable Performance Made The Day For Eagles - Nov 16, 2010
- Dallas Cowboys Quarterback Tony Romo Fractures Collarbone Against New York Giants - Oct 26, 2010
- Fans Looking Forward To Saturday Night Game Of Philip Rivers Against Tony Romo - Aug 21, 2010
- Redskins-Cowboys: Watch out for an interesting game today - Sep 27, 2011
- Arizona State Sun Devils Upset Arizona Wildcats By 30-29 - Dec 03, 2010
- Landry Jones Helps Oklahoma Sooners Beat Oklahoma State Cowboys - Nov 28, 2010
- Running Back Toby Gerhart Gives An Amazing Performance To Ensure Stanford's Victory - Nov 29, 2009
- Redskins vs. Cowboys Game: Fans have a blast - Sep 27, 2011
- Monday Night Football: Philadelphia Eagles vs Chicago Bears - Nov 07, 2011
Tags: cowboys player, dallas cowboys, david akers, gain control, gina gomez, impressive performance, lincoln financial field, national football conference, national football league, nfl season, philadelphia eagles, proactive plan, redskins, rival teams, rivals, straight victory, tony romo, wide receiver, yard field goal, yard touchdown