Court notice to Kalmadi over London visit (Lead)July 18th, 2012 - 7:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 18 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Wednesday issued notice to former Commonwealth Games Organising Committee chief Suresh Kalmadi, an accused in a graft case, on a plea opposing his visit to London during the Olympics there later this month.
A division bench of Acting Chief Justice A.K. Sikri and Justice Rajiv Sahai Endlaw sought a response from Kalmadi and the Indian Olympic Association within three days.
Kalmadi, standing trial for alleged irregularities in the conduct of the 2010 Commonwealth Games here, is out on bail. He plans to visit London from July 26 to Aug 13.
The court would next hear the matter July 24.
Kalmadi said in his application in the trial court that he wanted to attend the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) Council conference in London on the sidelines of the Olympic Games.
He said he wanted to attend the IAAF Council conference in London in his capacity as a member and as president of the Asian Athletics Association.
The trial court July 13 allowed Kalmadi to visit London.
The CBI, in its first chargesheet in the case against Kalmadi and 10 others, described him as a prime accused and the mastermind in the corruption case related to financial irregularities in awarding a Rs.141 crore contract for a scoring system for the Commonwealth Games.
- Never had plans to attend opening ceremony: Kalmadi - Jul 25, 2012
- Court allows Kalmadi's London visit (Second Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Court to decide Wednesday on Kalmadi's London visit (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Court notice to Kalmadi over London visit (Second Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Kalmadi eyes London trip during Olympics - Jul 12, 2012
- Kalmadi allowed to visit London for Olympics (Lead) - Jul 13, 2012
- Court allows Kalmadi's London visit (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Kalmadi allowed to visit London for Olympics - Jul 13, 2012
- Court to decide Wednesday on Kalmadi's London visit - Jul 24, 2012
- Kalmadi and Malhotra attack Maken, minister retaliates (Roundup) - Jul 14, 2012
- Kalmadi again approaches court to attend parliament - Jul 29, 2011
- Maken firm on aborting Kalmadi's London trip - Jul 15, 2012
- Order put off on Kalmadi's plea to attend parliament - Aug 01, 2011
- I Have every right to go to Olympics: Kalmadi - Jul 14, 2012
- CBI court allows Kalmadi to go to Kazakhstan - Apr 18, 2012
Tags: 2010 commonwealth games, asian athletics, cbi, chief justice, corruption case, crore, delhi high court, division bench, financial irregularities, graft case, iaaf, indian olympic association, international association of athletics federations, london visit, olympic games, organising committee, rajiv, sahai, scoring system, suresh kalmadi