Court issues arrest warrant against CAB joint secretaryJuly 11th, 2012 - 12:25 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 10 (IANS) A city court Tuesday issued an arrest warrant against Cricket Association of Bengal joint secretary Biswarup Dey in a complaint made by the West Bengal fire services department two years back in a case related to the Indian Premier League.
The fire department had lodged the FIR on March 15, 2010 about a temporary plywood structure which functioned as a super hospitality box at the Eden Gardens sitting premium category spectators during matches involving the Kolkata Knight Riders.
According the fire services department, the structure allegedly did not conform to its guidelines and safety regulations.
The arrest warrant was issued by the seventh metropolitan magistrate of Bankshall Court on the complaint.
Dey, who served as the manager of the Indian team in the limited over fixtures during its tour to Australia earlier this year, said the IPL matches were organised by the franchises who make the entire arrangements.
“But still an FIR was lodged against me, on the basis of which an arrest warrant has now been issued. I shall have to fight,” he said.
- CAB joint secretary surrenders in court, gets bail - Jul 13, 2012
- Kolkata police discuss security with IPL stakeholders - Mar 21, 2012
- Giant screens across Kolkata for IPL's top draw - May 02, 2012
- Bengal cricket on sticky wicket over India-England tie - Oct 13, 2011
- PWD's clearance procedure clumsy: CAB - Oct 12, 2011
- West Bengal waives amusement tax for World Cup ties - Jan 25, 2011
- Poor ticket sales for Eden Test - Nov 12, 2011
- Action against CAB for ignoring fire safety norms - Mar 15, 2010
- CAB apprehensive of losing India-England match again - Oct 13, 2011
- Tax waiver sought for World Cup games in Bengal - Jan 05, 2011
- Mamata's tryst with the Eden - Nov 17, 2011
- Two spectators injured as box collapses at Eden Gardens - Apr 24, 2012
- Indian cricketers to donate gear if they win Kolkata Test - Nov 17, 2011
- Lowest turnout in India ODI at Eden (Diary) - Oct 25, 2011
- World Cup: Teams could take chopper ride from airport to hotel - Dec 10, 2010
Tags: arrest warrant against, australia, cricket association of bengal, dey, eden gardens, fir, fire department, fire services department, franchises, hospitality, knight riders, magistrate, plywood, premier league, safety regulations, spectators, west bengal