Court dismisses cases against Shoaib Malik, orders police to return passportApril 19th, 2010 - 5:22 pm ICT by ANI
Hyderabad, Apr 19(ANI): The Andhra Pradesh High Court has dismissed all cases against Pakistan cricketer Shoaib Malik, and ordered the police to return his passport.
The judge also said that Shoaib and his wife, Indian tennis ace, Sania Mirza, can go to Pakistan at any time.
Earlier on April 5, Malik had handed over his passport and mobile phone to the Hyderabad Police, after an investigation team questioned him on a complaint filed by his first wife Ayesha Siddiqui’s father Mohammed Siddiqui.
Acting on Siddiqui’s complaint, police had asked Malik not to leave the city without their permission, and also alerted immigration officials.
The decision to dismiss all cases comes after Shoaib divorced Ayesha on April 7.
Shoaib signed the talaq nama (divorce papers) after leaders said that the public splashing and scrutiny of the episode had brought a bad name to the community.
The Siddiquis had all along maintained that Ayesha had married the Pakistani cricketer in 2002 through a telephone nikah, and had even produced the official registration document, and asked Shoaib to officially acknowledge the marriage.
After the divorce, Shoiab finally tied the nuptial knot with Sania at Hotel Taj Krishna on April 12.
Meanwhile, Shoaib’s brother-in-law Imran Zafar Malik said that date of Shoaib and Sania’s valima reception would be finalised today.
He also hoped that both of them would come to Pakistan in two or three days, The News reports. (ANI)
- 'Walima' on Apr 25, reception on Apr 27 for 'just married' Shoaib-Sania - Apr 20, 2010
- Shoaib Malik's family arrives in India for his wedding - Apr 08, 2010
- Shoaib and Sania face fresh trouble - Apr 21, 2010
- Shoaib Malik given back his passport by Hyderabad Police - Apr 20, 2010
- Sania-Shoaib marriage today - Apr 09, 2010
- Sania, Shoaib likely to wed today! - Apr 09, 2010
- Shoaib thanks countrymen, media for supporting him amidst wedding controversy - Apr 08, 2010
- Sania to wed Shoaib today, to be his second wife (Lead) - Apr 09, 2010
- Sania-Shoaib wedding postponed (Second Lead) - Apr 09, 2010
- Marriage with Ayesha Shoaib's 'stupidity': Brother-in-law (Second Lead) - Apr 06, 2010
- Shoaib gave false information in divorce paper? - Apr 10, 2010
- Sania Mirza marries Shoaib Malik - Apr 12, 2010
- Marriage with Ayesha not valid: Shoaib's brother-in-law (Lead) - Apr 06, 2010
- Sania Mirza to marry Shoaib Malik today - Apr 12, 2010
- Shoaib Malik sends divorce papers to Ayesha - Apr 07, 2010
Tags: andhra pradesh high court, divorce papers, first wife, immigration officials, indian tennis, investigation team, mohammed, nikah, nuptial knot, pakistani cricketer, passport, registration document, sania mirza, scrutiny, shoaib malik, siddiqui, taj krishna, talaq, tennis ace, valima