Court asks for guidelines to curb dopingApril 2nd, 2008 - 10:16 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 2 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Wednesday asked the central government to prepare guidelines to curtail cases of doping ahead of Commonwealth Games 2010. Chief Justice M.K. Sharma and Justice Reva Khetrapal issued notices to the central government, National Anti-Doping Authority (NADA) and National Anti-Doping Test Laboratory (NATL) to explain steps taken to stop doping among sportsmen during the games.
A public interest litigation filed by Health Fitness Trust has alleged lack of transparency in the doping tests and accuses the Sports Authority of India (SAI), NADA and NATL of blackmailing sportsmen by giving them positive reports.
“We want a transparent system in doping tests and no cheating should be allowed at any level. So, prepare tough guidelines for the fair sports in the coming commonwealth games,” the bench ruled.
NADA is the central anti-doping agency in the country, authorised to carry out `in competition’ and `out of competition’ testing.
- SAI cracks the whip on coaches at NIS Patiala (Roundup) - Jul 07, 2011
- IOA demands judicial inquiry in doping scandal - Jul 01, 2011
- High court's interim relief for banned quarter-milers - Mar 30, 2012
- Three athletes' B samples also test positive - Jul 08, 2011
- Asiad, CWG gold winner Ashwini, Priyanka also fail dope test (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Anti-doping agency collects 91 samples at Bangalore camp - Jul 12, 2011
- Asiad, CWG gold winner Ashwini joins dope-tainted stars (Roundup) - Jul 04, 2011
- SAI notice to coaches, doctor at NIS Patiala - Jul 07, 2011
- Five fresh doping cases in athletics, IOA orders probe (Lead) - Jun 30, 2011
- Athletics body transfers Mandeep, Juana dope cases to NADA - Jul 20, 2011
- Mumbai FC's Nishant Mehra tests positive in I-League - Feb 09, 2011
- Foreign athletics coach sacked, doping scandal to be probed - Jul 05, 2011
- Doping scandal to haunt India for long - Jul 10, 2011
- Six women quarter-milers get 12-month ban, but London hopes alive - Dec 23, 2011
- Doping scandal: Ukrainian coach sacked, minister orders probe (Lead) - Jul 05, 2011
Tags: anti doping test, bench, central government, chief justice, commonwealth games 2010, delhi high court, health fitness, India, nada, New Delhi, public interest litigation, reva, sports authority, sportsmen, test laboratory, transparency, transparent system