Corinthians win 2011 Brazilian ChampionshipDecember 5th, 2011 - 3:55 pm ICT by IANS
Rio De Janiero, Dec 5 (IANS) On the same day that one of the country’s greatest players Socrates passed away, his former club Corinthians won the 2011 Brazilian Championship by drawing with Palmeiras in the 38th and final round of the tournament.
Two players were sent off from either side during a bad-tempered second half Sunday. The result was good enough for Corinthians to remain in first place with 71 points and win this year’s title.
Winning previously in 1990, 1998, 1999 and 2005, Corinthians celebrated its centennial year with the national title.
Former Brazilian striker Adriano, despite not playing in Sunday’s decisive round, celebrated his second Brazilian national title, winning with Flamengo in 2009.
- Flamengo to re-sign Adriano, says coach - May 02, 2012
- Corinthians settle legal battle with Adriano - Jun 03, 2012
- Adriano signs with Flamengo - Aug 22, 2012
- No decision yet on Adriano, says Flamengo president - Apr 21, 2012
- Adriano can revive career with Flamengo: Zico - Apr 02, 2012
- Flamengo upbeat about Adriano return - Jun 23, 2012
- Apologetic Adriano receives warning - Sep 05, 2012
- Flamengo threatens to sue Palmeiras - Jun 03, 2012
- Adriano cleared to resume training - Aug 21, 2012
- Former Brazilian striker Adriano released from hospital - Apr 15, 2012
- Adriano to begin practicing with Flamengo - Mar 24, 2012
- Corinthians release Adriano - Mar 13, 2012
- Flamengo still eyeing Adriano return - Aug 16, 2012
- Corinthians hid true salary of Adriano from fans - Mar 31, 2012
- Palmeiras thrash Botafogo-SP 6-2 - Mar 12, 2012