Cops called after Didier Drogba’’s wifes dust-up with cleanerFebruary 12th, 2009 - 5:41 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 12 (ANI): Ivorian footballer Didier Drogbas wife had to call the cops after she had a bust-up with her cleaner, who refused to leave unless she was paid her wages.
Candy Price, 32, had walked out of the 24million pounds Chelsea strikers mansion after she became fed up with the couples demands, and returned the next day to claim her wages, which she said amounted to 430 pounds.
But when Price asked Drogbas partner Lalla Diakite for the money, she refused to pay her, making the housekeeper decide to sit with a pal outside the 4million pounds house in Oxshott, Surrey.
When she refused to move, Diakite, whose husband gets 115,000 pounds a week, called the cops.
All I wanted was the money owed to me, the Sun quoted Price, of West Drayton, Middlesex, as saying.
Drogbas partner kept telling me she would put it in the post, but I knew she didnt have my address.
Two representatives from Chelsea arrived first and asked me to move. They then left and the police turned up.
I explained the situation to the officers, who went inside. They came out 20 minutes later with a cheque for 430 pounds.
Im angry that I had to go through all that hassle to get 430 pounds from a man who earns more than 100,000 pounds a week, she added.
A spokesman for Ivory Coast ace Drogba, 30, said the couple did not owe the cleaner any money.
They owed the cleaner no money. He is on international duty and his wife is pregnant on her own and doesnt speak much English, the spokesman said.
Adding: The cleaner sat outside shouting threats, banging on the gate, ringing the intercom, so Didiers wife was scared and called police. They advised her to give a cheque to go away, which she did. (ANI)
- Drogba arrives in China to rousing reception - Jul 14, 2012
- Won't play for another English club: Drogba - May 23, 2012
- Drogba confirms Chelsea exit - May 22, 2012
- Kalou, Bosingwa leave Chelsea - Jul 01, 2012
- Drogba to run in Olympic torch relay - May 23, 2012
- Carroll will be better than Drogba, says Joe Cole - Mar 31, 2011
- Drogba in talks with Man City over 20-mn pound move - Jul 20, 2010
- Chelsea lose at home to Villa - Jan 01, 2012
- Brazilian teen star likely to snub Chelsea's 30 million pound Drogba replacement offer - Mar 31, 2011
- Champions League win my greatest achievement: Didier Drogba - Jun 17, 2012
- Drogba makes immediate impact in China - Jul 23, 2012
- Terry puts house on sale to fund new life as English country gentleman - Jan 20, 2010
- Brazilian teenager to replace Drogba at Chelsea? - Mar 29, 2011
- Chelsea stun Barcelona at home in Champions League - Apr 19, 2012
- No guarantee of staying at Chelsea for rest of my career: Drogba - Sep 27, 2010