Cop fired for Carl Crawford slurJuly 27th, 2012 - 6:53 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Massachusetts, July 27 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A cop in Massachusetts was fired for insulting Boston Red Sox star Carl Crawford.
The policeman is said to have used racial insults to attack Crawford. Crawford was signing autographs for his fans in New Hampshire before a game when someone in the stands called him a ‘Monday’. It was investigated and discovered that the person who threw the insult at the black outfielder of the Boston Red Sox was a police officer.
Officer John Perreault has a history of offending people racially. The mayor of Leominstar Dean Mazarella affirmed that this was not the first time that the officer had committed the same offence. The term Monday is considered racist when used to refer to black people.
The term originated from the statement Monday blues which refers to not liking the first day of the week and those who use it hope that they will not be discovered as insulting. The mayor of Leominstar wrote Perreault a letter telling him that his actions needed severe punishment. He said that there was no place at work for someone who behaved the way he did.
Perreault’s Facebook account is also said to contained racial discriminating content. the officer admitted that he had used the term ‘Monday’ to refer to the Red Sox star but he went further to say that he did not mean it to be an insult.
- Man stabbed over baseball game debate - Oct 04, 2010
- Manny Ramirez And Johnny Damon Hired By Tampa Bay Rays - Jan 22, 2011
- Adrian Gonzalez On The Verge Of Being Traded To Boston Red Sox - Dec 05, 2010
- Pawtucket Red Sox owner Ben Mondor dead at 85 - Oct 04, 2010
- Marco Scutaro Makes Preliminary Agreement With Boston Red Sox - Dec 05, 2009
- Mike Cameron In Preliminary Agreement With Boston Red Sox - Dec 16, 2009
- Dustin Moseley Takes To Field A Day Earlier - Aug 09, 2010
- Theo Epstein to be the new GM of Chicago Cubs - Oct 12, 2011
- The legendary Red Sox player, Dom DiMaggio dies - May 09, 2009
- Bobby Jenks Agrees To $2Million Deal With Boston Red Sox? - Dec 17, 2010
- Red Sox Acquires Jeremy Hermida For Alvarez And Jones - Nov 06, 2009
- Australia can't waste talent like India: Chappell - Apr 14, 2011
- Daniel Nava Goes For A Grand Slam - Jun 13, 2010
- Marcus Thames Snatches Win For Yankees - May 18, 2010
- Minnesota Twins trade Boof Bonser to Boston Red Sox - Dec 11, 2009
Tags: autographs, boston red sox, carl crawford, cop, dean, facebook, first day of the week, game, insult, john perreault, massachusetts, monday blues, new hampshire, offence, outfielder, police officer, policeman, racial insults, severe punishment, slur