Consumers don”t go by the hype surrounding a gadgetDecember 5th, 2008 - 6:11 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Dec 5 (ANI): No matter how much hype surrounds a gadget, consumers opinions of the device would not be affected by the claims made by its creators, reveals an Aussie survey.
The survey conducted by PC Authority magazine involved 20,000 customers and ranked several hyped items last for reliability and service.
The survey, which lasted for a year named Sony mp3 Walkmans as the best music players, followed by iRiver and Samsung units.
However, despite all the hoopla surrounding Apple’’s iPod range, it did not feature in the top three consumer favourites.
Apple had launched a massive marketing campaign promoting the 4th generation iPod nano, but still Sony’’s mp3 players, with forgettable names such as “NWZE436FR”, were favoured for their cheaper prices.
PC Authority editor Zara Baxter said the latest iPods were rated highly for reliability, but consumers were cunning enough to realise that other music players could do the same job for less money.
In fact, Apple’’s much-hyped iPhone also missed out on the best Smartphone/PDA award, which was in turn given to Asus, followed by the BlackBerry the runner-up.
However, Apple was applauded for its MacBook laptop and PC range, with consumers happy with customer support and reliability.
Nikon won the award for best digital cameras, followed by Panasonic and Canon.
The best internet service provider award went to the relatively unknown Westnet, followed by Internode. (ANI)
- Try the new Sony Walkman E Series - Sep 27, 2010
- After 3 decades, Sony stops the production of the walkman - Oct 25, 2010
- Sony Cassette Walkman Production Comes To A Halt - Oct 25, 2010
- Black Friday Online Deals From Apple Unveiled - Nov 26, 2010
- Sony Ceases Production of 'Walkman' Tape Players - Oct 25, 2010
- Best Cyber Monday Deals From Apple - Nov 30, 2010
- Sony Stops Walkman Production In Japan - Oct 25, 2010
- Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dead at 56 - Oct 06, 2011
- The new iPod touch: practically a smartphone - Sep 19, 2010
- Apple redesigns iPod touch, updates iPod nano - Sep 13, 2012
- Sony Walkman named top music invention of last 50yrs - Jul 04, 2009
- Apple recalls first-gen iPod nano - Nov 13, 2011
- Apple introduces new version of computer operating system - Jun 12, 2012
- iPod nanos recalled fearing battery fire - Nov 17, 2011
- Chinese parents complain as kids get cassettes - Sep 12, 2012
Tags: 4th generation, all the hoopla, baxter, best digital cameras, best internet service, best music, gadget, internet service provider, iphone, ipods, iriver, marketing campaign, mp3 players, mp3 walkmans, music players, nano, s mp3, sony mp3, westnet, zara