Confident Vettori says every IPL match is importantApril 12th, 2011 - 10:44 am ICT by ANI
Bengaluru, Apr 12 (ANI): Ahead of their match against Mumbai Indians, Royal Challengers Bangalore captain Daniel Vettori has said that they would work hard on every match of the Indian Premiere League (IPL) tournament.
Vettori said that the team has gained momentum and confidence from the win in their first match of the tournament against Delhi Daredevils.
“I take every game as it comes along, so each game a new entity, so at times its good one, feeling about and sometimes it is half the battles coming in to the game through the confidence level. I do not think I have made it too much but confident …..,” he said.
Mumbai Indians will face Royal Challengers Bangalore on Tuesday (April 12) in Bangalore.
Both the teams were seen undergoing a strenuous practice session in the nets ahead of their match.
Expressing confidence in the team and especially bowlers, Shaun Pollock, the bowling coach of Mumbai Indians, said that he is very happy with the team’s performance.
“I think we are very happy we have got off the tournament with the win but you cannot reach too much out of one game. Malinga (Lasith Malinga, a bowler) was superb and that allowed us to get over the line easily, so it is a squad game, it is a team game and each guy needs to perform in the game … in the tournament.
“We want to get some quality performance from all our players, so we feel good about winning the first game but we are not taking any for granted. We stay in focus as we can and will try to play well as well as possible each time we go,” he said.
The Indian Premier League is witnessing its fourth season. (ANI)
- Happy to win tournament: Lasith - Oct 10, 2011
- Disappointed Vettori vows to make comeback in IPL - Apr 13, 2011
- IPL is changing the face of world cricket: Pollock - May 07, 2012
- Pollock asks Mumbai Indians not to be complacent against Kochi Tuskers - Apr 15, 2011
- Mumbai Indians upbeat against Royal Challengers - Apr 12, 2011
- Royal Challengers raring to go for kill from first IPL-V game - Apr 06, 2012
- Mumbai Indians performing well, no pressure on players: Harbhajan - Apr 29, 2011
- Batsmen motivated to do well against Daredevils: Pollock - Apr 26, 2012
- RCB bet on home fans to maintain winning streak - Apr 12, 2011
- Dhoni praises Vijay, Hussey for laying foundation for victory - May 29, 2011
- We got players to beat any team: Dravid - Apr 15, 2012
- Malinga is the real game-changer: Harbhajan - Apr 12, 2012
- Advantage Mumbai, says coach Pollock - Oct 06, 2011
- Kings XI wary of Gayle 'storm' in revenge game - May 02, 2012
- Beleaguered RCB hopes to bounce back - Apr 17, 2012
Tags: bowling coach, captain daniel, challengers, confidence level, daniel vettori, first game, indians, ipl, lasith malinga, match, momentum, mumbai, practice session, premier league, premiere league, quality performance, shaun pollock, team game