Cole’s swipe at Chelsea, says he joined the biggest club in EnglandJuly 22nd, 2010 - 1:34 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jul 22 (ANI): Midfielder Joe Cole took a swipe at his former club Chelsea by saying that he has joined the biggest club in the country.
Liverpool’s new signing reckons that the club is ready to challenge Chelsea for the Premier league title.
Cole said: “When I knew Liverpool were interested it was a no-brainer because they are the biggest club in the country.”
“This is a challenge for me. I have played in London all my life. I could have stayed at Chelsea because the fans loved me and I won things,” The Sun quoted Cole, as saying.
“It’s a massive deal for me. We’ve just had a young baby girl, but I’m 28 now and I have a good family around me. I know people will make me feel welcome and the response I’ve had has been amazing,” he added.
Skipper Steven Gerrard committing his future to the Liverpool cause followed Cole’s arrival at the club.
Cole said: “That was the best bit of news I could have had. Stevie is Liverpool through and through and I know from playing with and against him for the last 10 years what a quality player he is.” (ANI)
- Can't wait to play alongside Cole: Gerrard - Jul 21, 2010
- Liverpool signs Cole for 19 million pounds - Jul 20, 2010
- Carroll will be better than Drogba, says Joe Cole - Mar 31, 2011
- England announce 23-man squad for Euro Championship - May 16, 2012
- Beckham played peacemaker to calm tempers among England players - Jul 01, 2010
- Torres keeps Liverpool guessing about his future - Jul 22, 2010
- Furious Hodgson not to condemn Capello after Gerrard's plea - Nov 20, 2010
- Carroll may start against France in Euro 2012 - May 30, 2012
- Liverpool offers Joe Cole massive 4.7 million pounds deal - Jul 18, 2010
- Injured Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard out for rest of season - Apr 08, 2011
- 'Crocked' Gerrard's season could be over: Dalglish - Apr 04, 2011
- Mourinho vows trademark Real Madrid attack blitz next season - May 28, 2010
- Liverpool is Chelsea's biggest rivals, not Man U: Lampard - Oct 04, 2009
- Redknapp signs for Spurs, seeks Joe Cole to join club - Jul 14, 2010
- Cole was dumped because he would not follow orders - Aug 04, 2010