Coe backs Beckham as coach of British 2012 Olympic football teamJanuary 3rd, 2011 - 3:19 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 3 (ANI): David Beckham has been backed as a potential coach of the British 2012 Olympic football team.
London 2012 organising committee chairman Sebastian Coe has said that Beckham can play a key role, despite having no say in picking a potential coach of the British 2012 Olympic football team.
Coe said: “It is an under-23 event, but you are allowed to play three over-age players and that could be Steven Gerrard or Frank Lampard, towards the end of their career, or David Beckham - or even Beckham as a coach, though I’ve gone way beyond my brief saying that.
“It is not for me to decide, it is for the FA and the British Olympic Association,” the Daily Express quoted him, as saying.
Beckham expects to find out this week whether LA Galaxy will allow him to leave on a two-month loan, with Tottenham hoping to bring him back to England. (ANI)
- Britain's Olympic coach Pearce to assess Beckham in US - Apr 25, 2012
- Beckham left out of Britain's Olympic squad - Jun 28, 2012
- England announce 23-man squad for Euro Championship - May 16, 2012
- Coe backs Thompson to light the Olympic flame - Jul 15, 2011
- Beckham, five young guns to bring Olympic Flame to UK - May 16, 2012
- England struck with World Cup flops for another two years, fears Neville - Jul 05, 2010
- FA denies Redknapp, Beckham 'dream team' replacing Capello - Jan 07, 2011
- Coe's dream of taking kids to World Cup shattered - Dec 03, 2010
- Lampard to lead England in friendly against Denmark - Feb 09, 2011
- Lampard backs uncle Redknapp to succeed Capello as England boss - Feb 19, 2011
- Coe backs West Ham's bid to retain 2012 Olympics stadium - Jan 24, 2011
- Beckham to be part of opening ceremony - Jul 25, 2012
- Beckham still hoping for England return - Mar 26, 2011
- James Middleton coached by man who helped British PM - May 15, 2011
- Rooney won't play Euro 2012, Olympics: FA - Apr 22, 2012
Tags: 2012 olympic, british olympic association, coach, committee chairman, daily express, david beckham, england, football team, frank lampard, key role, la galaxy, london 2012, london jan, olympic football, organising committee, play three, sebastian coe, steven gerrard, tottenham