Coach must take pride in his work: Aaqib JavedSeptember 11th, 2009 - 3:54 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Sep.11 (ANI): Former Pakistan fast bowler and assistant coach Aaqib Javed has said a coach of a national squad should take pride in his work and not impose himself on the players.
Javed, who was sacked from the assistant coach post by the Pakistan Cricket Board last month, said a coach should be able to communicate effectively with the players.
“I’m not one for shouting at the players, or making a lot of noise for the sake of it. Coaching players is all about taking pride in your work and ensuring that you show a caring attitude towards the players,” Javed told PakPassion.net.
Javed said a coach must earn the respect of teammates and added that he preferred working hard for the players instead of imposing himself on them.
“You have to earn the respect of the players you are working with. We have to be pulling in the same direction. I work very hard with the players and in return the players who work hard for me get their rewards,” he said.
The PCB had axed Javed over Pakistan’s poor performance during the Sri Lanka series.
Sources said his ouster came due to negative reports about him filed by coach Intikhab Alam, who felt Javed was getting too involved with some of the senior players.
Captain Younis Khan is also said to be unhappy with Javed’s presence in the team.
Javed has been replaced by Mohtashim Rasheed, younger brother of former Test batsman, Haroon Rasheed.
When enquired about Javed’s sacking, PCB chief Ijaz Butt had said he has ‘better plans’ for the former fast bowler. (ANI)
- Miffed Javed yet to resume duty at NCA - Aug 25, 2009
- Heads roll as PCB starts 'post mortem' of Sri Lanka tour - Aug 22, 2009
- Waqar Younis may soon replace Intikhab Alam as Pakistani coach - Dec 14, 2009
- Pakistan appoints new bowling coach - Aug 25, 2012
- PCB sacks Aaqib as assistant coach - Aug 21, 2009
- Intikhab admits Pak manager's job "not easy anymore" after spot-fixing scandal - Oct 08, 2010
- Qadir questions Waqar's appointment as bowling coach - Dec 17, 2009
- No need for specialist coaches for foreign tours: Nazir - Jan 04, 2010
- Pak team certainly needs batting coach to overcome their problems: Akram - Apr 12, 2011
- Jones in contention for Pakistan cricket coach's job - Oct 06, 2011
- Aaqib Javed defends Pak's World Cup strategy - Mar 19, 2011
- PCB likely to remove assistant coaches Aaqib Javed, Aijaz Ahmed - Sep 30, 2010
- Speedy six-foot Abu Dhabi truck driver-cum-pacer impresses Pak coach Waqar - Nov 23, 2010
- Abdul Qadir resigned due to "lack of independence", dispute over Akhtar's selection - Dec 29, 2010
- CA rubbishes 'match fixing' rumours behind Australia's remarkable Sydney win against Pak - May 20, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,