Coach Capello finally gets in touch with BecksJanuary 17th, 2011 - 5:03 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan.17 (ANI): England coach Fabio Capello made contact with former national star David Beckham yesterday - and gave him a big hug at White Hart Lane.
Capello, it may be recalled, had last year claimed Becks was too old for international football, and cut him out of his plans in August before England’s 2-1 win over Hungary at Wembley.
When asked before that game if Beckham had an England future, Capello said: “No, I need to change it. David is a fantastic player, but I think we need new players for the future.”
Yesterday, according to The Sun, it seemed there were no hard feelings.
Perhaps Becks, 35, needs a grandfather figure to do some babysitting, with wife Posh expecting their fourth child. (ANI)
- Dumped and fuming Beckham vows to fight for his place in England squad - Aug 13, 2010
- Walcott says 'fantastic' Beckham is the perfect football professional - Aug 13, 2010
- Capello 'pulls the plug' on 'old' Beckham's international career - Aug 12, 2010
- 'Threatened' Capello plotted Becks' public retirement plan 'to put him in his place' - Aug 14, 2010
- Capello resigns as England manager - Feb 09, 2012
- Capello does a U-turn on Beckham's international career - Aug 29, 2010
- England coach Capello says he will leave behind a long-lasting legacy - Apr 03, 2011
- Capello asked to improve his English - Aug 22, 2010
- Curtains almost down on Beckham's international career - Oct 15, 2010
- Capello wants Becks to join him in S. Africa as `England coach' - May 14, 2010
- Capello to give Beckham a friendly match to retire - Aug 12, 2010
- Beckham to cheer England team from dug-out - Mar 18, 2010
- Spalletti backs Guardiola, Semak for Russia post - Jul 11, 2012
- Beckham will be England's cheerleader - May 24, 2010
- Villas-Boas appointed Tottenham manager - Jul 03, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,