Coach Ancelotti begs Man U’s Tevez to join ChelseaJune 16th, 2009 - 12:10 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 16 (ANI): Manchester United’s Carlos Tevez was on holiday in Buenos Aires, and was in a state of shock after receiving a telephone call from coach Carlo Ancelotti begging him to join Chelsea FC.
Tevez said he was impressed that the Blues boss had called him personally on Sunday night, and therefore, rumors are in circulation that Chelsea, not Manchester City, are favourites to steal his signature.
According to The Sun, Tevez was relaxing after last week’s World Cup games, when Ancelotti got hold of his mobile phone number from team-mate Hernan Crespo.Ancelotti also asked Crespo to ring Tevez to help persuade him to move to West London.
Former Blues ace Crespo did this and told him what Ancelotti could do for his career.
Chelsea must now come up with the 26-million pounds the player’s agent and co-owner Kia Joorabchian wants for the 25-year-old.
The news will not please Manchester United as Tevez is contracted to them as part of their 6-million pound two-year loan deal until the end of this month.
Yet they can hardly have any complaints after dragging their feet over offering the fans’ favourite any kind of permanent deal. (ANI)
- Carlos Tevez most likely to move to Corinthians - Jul 12, 2011
- Tevez threatens to leave if Man U fails to make him club's highest paid player - Jun 19, 2009
- Man City ready to give 30 million pound to get Sanchez - Apr 16, 2011
- Man City fears summer exit of Tevez - Feb 19, 2011
- Ferguson says Tevez not worth 25 million pounds - Jul 21, 2009
- Manchester City will force Tevez to stay at club: Report - Dec 14, 2010
- Tevez wants to leave City despite failure of Corinthians deal - Jul 21, 2011
- Tevez urges Man U to buy him back - Dec 20, 2010
- Not certain about Tévez staying at Man City: Mancini - Feb 24, 2011
- Tevez doesn't deserve 25 million pounds: Ferguson - Jul 21, 2009
- Manchester City not in 47-mn pounds deal for Tevez - Sep 12, 2009
- Tevez says he doesn't deserve Man U fans' booing - Dec 04, 2009
- Man U may put up 30 m pound bid for French striker Benzema - May 01, 2009
- Man City owner convinces Tevez to stay - Dec 21, 2010
- Argentine Tevez open to switch from Man U to Man City - May 13, 2009
Tags: 6 million, ace, aires, boss, carlo ancelotti, carlos tevez, chelsea london, circulation, co owner, kia, kia joorabchian, loan deal, manchester city, manchester united, mobile phone number, receiving a telephone call, state of shock, team mate, west london, world cup games