Clos to replace Narain for opening British GP practiceJune 29th, 2012 - 9:24 pm ICT by IANS
Silverstone, June 29 (IANS) HRT reserve driver Dani Clos will take the wheels from India’s Narain Karthikeyan for the opening practise session of the Formula One British Grand Prix here next weekend.
Spanish driver Clos will step into the F112 for the second time in the season after the Barcelona round last month. He will accompany Pedro de la Rosa for the first 90 minutes of practice at the iconic circuit with Karthikeyan taking over for the remainder of the weekend.
“I am very happy to step into the F112 once again, a place where I have got good memories since I have made the podium every time I have been in GP2. After Barcelona I have really been looking forward to this new opportunity,” said Clos.
“The work we are carrying out with the team is positive and I think that I can make a good contribution. I will be able to run in better conditions than in Barcelona because the car was new back then and I had to carry out various aero tests,” he added.
- Clos to replace Karthikeyan for opening Spanish GP practice - May 09, 2012
- Karthikeyan hits track as HRT unveils 2012 car - Mar 06, 2012
- Karthikeyan hopes to better qualifying show at Silverstone - Jul 06, 2012
- Ma Qing Hua to replace Narain for Italian GP practice - Sep 05, 2012
- HRT and Narain racing against time for pre-season test drive - Mar 01, 2012
- Karthikeyan hopes for strongest F1 season (Interview) - Mar 15, 2012
- We'll race Karthikeyan entire season: HRT - Feb 17, 2012
- Karthikeyan confident of better show in Malaysia - Mar 19, 2012
- HRT fails to get car ready for pre-season testing by Karthikeyan - Mar 03, 2012
- Karthikeyan to warm-up in Singapore ahead of Indian GP - Sep 17, 2011
- Karthikeyan makes the starting grid of Malaysian GP - Mar 24, 2012
- Force India's Di Resta feels making Q3 will be tough - Mar 23, 2012
- Age no barrier in F1, says Karthikeyan - Feb 03, 2012
- I'll try to be in F1 as long as I can: Chandhok (Interview) - Oct 27, 2011
- Karthikeyan joins Hispania to complete 2012 F1 line-up (Lead) - Feb 03, 2012