Cliff Lee Creates History At The World Series OpenerOctober 29th, 2009 - 8:26 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Oct. 29, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Philadelphia Phillies player Cliff Lee created history on Wednesday night’s World Series game against the Yankees, after he manged to throw large number of pitches that ultimately allowed the Phillies to register a 6-1 win against the Yankees at the Yankee stadium. Cliff performed remarkably in the entire game and kept his rhythm throughout, which enabled him to successfully handle the flow of the game.
Despite it being his World Series debut, Cliff played the game extremely well and like a pro. He did not seem at all nervous and later also added that his only agenda was to go out to the field, have some fun and play his best shot: which surely proved to be going his way. The Philadelphia Phillies looked almost unbeatable in the game, which resulted in most of the Yankees fans leaving the stadium much before the game reached its climax.
Yankees player Alex Rodriguez also appreciated Cliff’s performance and said the pace with which Cliff had been playing is really commendable. He also added that the Yankees have already been working out strategies to beat the player in the next matches. The next game of the series is scheduled to be held today and whether the Philadelphia Phillies manage to continue their scintillating performance remains to be seen.
Cliff is one of the most promising players of the Philadelphia Phillies in the Major League Baseball, who acts as a left handed pitcher. Last year, Cliff also created a name for himself when he won the American League Cy Young Award.
- Yankees Defeat Phillies In The World Series Game 4 - Nov 02, 2009
- A.J. Burnett Gives An Impressive Performance In The Second Game Of The World Series - Oct 30, 2009
- Chase Utley Hits Record Tying Five Homers - Nov 03, 2009
- Yankees Player Andy Pettite Ensures His Team's Victory - Nov 01, 2009
- Yankees Defeat Phillies To Win World Series 2009 - Nov 05, 2009
- MLB playoffs: Yankees thrash Detroit Tigers - Oct 05, 2011
- Yankees Defeats Angeles & Takes On Phillies For World Series Game - Oct 26, 2009
- Hideki Matsui Ensures Yankees Victory In World Series 2009 - Nov 05, 2009
- NJIT professor projects 2011 Major League Baseball winners using math - Apr 02, 2011
- George Steinbrenner To Appear In The World Series - Oct 26, 2009
- Yankees Eliminates Twins From ALCS - Oct 12, 2009
- Phillies Defeats Dodgers In Game 3 - Oct 19, 2009
- Roy Halladay Makes His Perfect Pitch, Philadelphia Phillies Wins Over Florida Marlins - May 30, 2010
- Major league baseball playoffs - Oct 03, 2011
- Dante Bichette Jr selected for Major League Baseball Draft 2011 - Jun 08, 2011
Tags: alex rodriguez, climax, cy young, cy young award, gina gomez, handed pitcher, major league baseball, next game, pace, philadelphia phillies, pitches, promising players, rhythm, series debut, wednesday night, world series, world series game, world series opener, yankee stadium, yankees