Cleveland Cavaliers promise to set their records straightMay 27th, 2009 - 7:58 pm ICT by GD
The Cleveland Cavaliers are all set to play in one of their most important series in recent times- the Eastern Conference finals. The two most important people in the team that are sure to contribute greatly to the team’s results are Mo Williams and LeBron James. Interestingly, the two players have never played in this prestigious tournament before. It is a new experience for the duo and something that they are looking forward to with great expectations. But even before the game starts, the media has been full of inside news and quotes coming mostly from players like Mo Williams.
In a recent interview, Williams told the media that though the team is down by 2-1, they are confident of making a comeback. The whole team believes that they can win big and defeat their biggest competitors like Orlando Magic. The point is that despite the public show of confidence, history tells us a different story about the Cleveland Cavaliers. Even the guarantee of a sure win by players like Mark Messier and Joe Namath had come to nothing in the past. For this reason experts feel that it is better for Williams to concentrate on his game rather than provide fodder for the media.
Doing well in the tournament is even more important for the team now because the New World Development Co., a Hong Kong based company, has invested heavily in the team recently. This company with its huge brand name and stake in hotels, telecommunication, finance, infrastructure and other sectors will surely give the Cleveland Cavaliers the necessary financial impetus, but they must do their part by playing well which has no alternative.
- Cleveland Cavaliers Owner Dan Gilbert Says He Does Not "Regret" About The Letter - Oct 28, 2010
- LeBron James' Faces The Heat - Jul 09, 2010
- Cleveland Cavaliers Outplay Boston Celtics - Oct 28, 2010
- Miami Heat Thrash Cleveland Cavaliers In Historic Game - Dec 03, 2010
- Cleveland Cavaliers Fans Boo LeBron James - Dec 03, 2010
- Zydrunas Ilgauskas To Join Miami Heats - Jul 14, 2010
- Ray Allen Talks Defense Against Miami Heat - Oct 27, 2010
- LeBron James Posts Twitter Messages To Show Racist Comments Hurled At Him - Oct 21, 2010
- Dallas wins NBA finals Game 4 - Jun 08, 2011
- Jesse Jackson Criticizes Dan Gilbert's Open Letter - Jul 12, 2010
- NBA Free Agency: Rudy Gay Goes To Memphis Grizzlies At $80 million - Jul 02, 2010
- LeBron James Does Well With Cavaliers, But Next Team Might Be Knicks - May 14, 2010
- Tom Izzo Stays Put As Spartan Coach - Jun 16, 2010
- LeBron James' Jersey Number Would Change? - Mar 05, 2010
- Pat Riley: Man Behind The Big Trio - Jul 09, 2010
Tags: brand name, cleveland cavaliers, confidence, development co, different story, eastern conference finals, finance infrastructure, fodder, great expectations, hong kong, impetus, joe namath, lebron james, mark messier, new experience, orlando magic, prestigious tournament, sectors, stake, telecommunication