Clarke wants to play in 2012 IPL to prepare for Twenty20 World CupOctober 24th, 2010 - 5:05 pm ICT by ANI
Goa, Oct 24(ANI): Australian vice-captain Michael Clarke has said that he would like to take part in the 2012 Indian Premier League (IPL) to prepare for that year’s Twenty20 World Cup in Sri Lanka.
“I need to play as much T20 cricket as I can, but I also need to sum up my body and my life as well, when it comes to choosing six weeks at home to have a break or spend that six weeks in the IPL,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Clarke, as saying.
“That decision needs to be made at the time, and yearly as well, if my body feels great and I’m confident I can play that six weeks I’ll put myself in the auction and go.”
“It definitely does make sense that the closer we get to the next T20 World Cup, the more T20 cricket I want to be playing,” he added.
A personal reluctance to give up precious time at home in Sydney has played a large part in Clarke’s absence from the IPL so far.
“Some guys will use the six weeks to go and play the IPl, whereas for me in the past those six weeks have benefited no doubt my cricket, but also my life,” Clarke said.
“It’s given me the chance to let me body heal and also live a life outside of cricket,” he added. (ANI)
- Johnson opts out of IPL gravy train - Dec 22, 2010
- Country must come before lucrative Twenty20 league: Clarke - Sep 30, 2010
- Clarke admits he is in talks with Pune Warriors - Mar 26, 2012
- White appointed captain of Australia's T20 team - Jan 07, 2011
- Clarke wants teammates to prioritise country over IPL - Dec 09, 2011
- Symonds retires from professional cricket - Feb 16, 2012
- Clark stands down from full-time cricket for administrative role - May 18, 2011
- Clarke vows not to repeat 'mistakes' when India tours Australia - Jun 11, 2011
- Clarke confident IPL-bound Oz players will get good security advice - Feb 17, 2010
- "I'm not going to be the new Ricky Ponting", says new Australian captain Clarke - Mar 30, 2011
- Pune Warriors pick Tamim Iqbal to complete foreign quota - Mar 29, 2012
- Parents couldn't be prouder of new skipper Clarke - Apr 03, 2011
- Clarke quits T20 cricket to focus on Tests - Jan 07, 2011
- Clarke won't play till late 30s - May 25, 2012
- Ponting calls for separate window for IPL - Apr 03, 2012
Tags: absence, auction, captain michael, cricket, goa, ipl, michael clarke, morning herald, no doubt, precious time, premier league, reluctance, six weeks, sri lanka, sydney morning herald, t20 world cup, time at home, twenty20 world cup, vice captain