Clark confident Aussies will keep Proteas in second placeDecember 14th, 2008 - 5:15 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, Dec.14 (ANI): Australian fast bowler Stuart Clark believes that the Ricky Ponting-led squad will keep the South Africans at their world No.2 spot in the forthcoming series.
“They”re a strong team, but they”re not unbeatable,” he told The Sun-Herald, speaking of the Proteas.
“There are quite a few familiar faces [in the squad]; ones we”ve beaten and played against. Some of them have a lot more confidence than the last time we met because they”ve had a little bit of success, he added.
“But I think India last summer was a tough series. It was the toughest I”ve played here. South Africa are No.2 in the world so they”ve obviously done very well. On the previous occasions they”ve been here they haven”t been so successful but they”ll be tough if they can play as well as India did,” he said.
Since taking match figures of 9-89 on debut against South Africa, Clark has established himself as a vital member of the Australian attack. After taking 20 South Africa wickets at an average of 15.85 during his debut Test series, he has maintained his consistency and his 90 wickets have come at a skinny average of 22.97, putting him on par with McGrath (21.64). (ANI)
- Clarke hints at playing two spinners in first Test against Sri Lanka - Aug 29, 2011
- Clarke still confident in spite of Australia's new underdog status - Jan 09, 2011
- We will keep India under pressure, says Hussey - Dec 23, 2011
- Pace bowler Harris gives selectors six screeching reasons to pick him for Adelaide - Dec 01, 2010
- Australian batsmen prepare to face a tough series against Pakistan - Dec 24, 2009
- McGrath backs Ponting to lead Australia to an Ashes victory - Nov 07, 2010
- India may find Australian conditions difficult: Warner - Dec 24, 2011
- After Ponting-Clarke century stand, Johnson-Cummins bowl Australia to victory - Oct 20, 2011
- Playing in South Africa is as tough as it gets: Clarke - Oct 04, 2011
- Australia doing things too easily in World Cup group stage: Ian Chappell - Mar 08, 2011
- Criticism ahead of Ashes opener gives Aussies an edge over England: Hayden - Nov 21, 2010
- Why blame only Laxman, asks Gambhir - Jan 17, 2012
- Honoured to be part of Clarke's great innings: Hussey - Jan 05, 2012
- Akhtar says 'fading' Oz World Cup team has lost 'its aura of invincibility' - Mar 19, 2011
- Lyon becomes international off-spinner from a groundsman - Jul 26, 2011
Tags: aussies, confidence, consistency, debut, familiar faces, forthcoming series, last time, little bit, match, mcgrath, occasions, proteas, ricky, south africa, south africans, sun herald, sydney, test series, vital member, wickets