Churchill coach Zoran likely on his way outApril 26th, 2009 - 11:15 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, April 26 (IANS) After guiding Churchill Brothers to their maiden I-league title, their Serbian coach Zoran Djordjevic may be on his way out.
Zoran, who became the first overseas coach to win the I-League title, didn’t sound confident when asked whether he will get another term with the Goan club. Even after a week of winning the I-league title, the club management is yet to give a fresh contract to the coach.
Club sources told IANS, the coach hasn’t done anything special with the team and it were the players, who won Churchill its first major title.
“It doesn’t matter whether I stay or not. But I will go down in the history book in Indian football with Churchill Brothers,” Zoran told IANS after being awarded the best coach of the I-League here Sunday.
Churchill lost 1-2 to Mohun Bagan in one-off Super Cup tie to end the season at the Devilal Stadium here Sunday.
Churchill Bothers’s president Joaquim Alemao also dodged the question on Zoran’s stay. “Lets see,” was what Alemao had to say.
Zoran took over in September when Churchill was going through a bad phase. They had surrendered the Durand Cup title to Mahindra United and coach Emeka Ezuego was sacked after the Nigerian had a fall out with the players.
- Churchill coach Zoran looking to do a Milovan - Apr 15, 2009
- I-League win with Salgaocar was sweetest, says Bencherifa - Jun 01, 2011
- Clean sweep by Churchill Brothers in I-League awards - Apr 27, 2009
- Mohun Bagan's chief coach resigns - Dec 13, 2010
- Mohun Bagan chasing record 17th Durand Cup title - Sep 21, 2009
- Churchill Brothers looking to end season with Super Cup win - Apr 25, 2009
- I-League: Pune FC take on Salgaocar - Apr 17, 2012
- Mohun Bagan to play Churchill Brothers in I-League - Jan 14, 2012
- Depleted Salgaocar face Mohun Bagan challenge - Apr 13, 2012
- Churchill Brothers' ground lease to be cancelled - Aug 07, 2012
- Mohun Bagan face Pune in Barreto's farewell match - May 05, 2012
- Another season of I-League begins with Churchill facing Mahindra - Sep 30, 2009
- I-League clubs skip last meeting of ad-hoc committee - May 04, 2012
- JCT looking to overcome poor I-League start against Churchill - Dec 06, 2010
- Sporting challenge for confident Bagan in I-League - Jan 18, 2012