Chris Martin admits being too fond of sleeping pillsJune 13th, 2008 - 6:04 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 13 (ANI): Coldplay frontman Chris Martin has admitted to becoming a bit too fond of sleeping pills.
The singer, who has never even been known to be drunk, says that he developed the habit of popping the tablets not just because he cannot sleep, but because it gives him a buzz.
“I can’t sleep, so I take a lot of sleeping pills. I don’t really like saying it, but it does take the brain to a different place, the Mirror quoted him as saying.
“It’s like a prescription high, I suppose. My problem is that I often take a sleeping pill in order to go to sleep, but then I get excited about a song, so I go and play music, and then it kind of kicks in halfway through. I wake up the next morning and find these strange notes to myself.
“But I don’t think it’s anything to be proud of. I’m a little bit ashamed about it,” he added.
In an interview with Rolling Stone magazine, Chris even said that he still could not get over the fact that his wife Gwyneth Paltrow used to be engaged to Brad Pitt.
“If your wife went out with Brad Pitt, you’d want to prove yourself, know what I mean?” he said. (ANI)
- I'm obsessed with Gwyneth: Rihanna - Apr 11, 2012
- Chris Martin's funny friendship with Jay-Z - Dec 01, 2011
- Paltrow's beauty secret? Sleep - Oct 22, 2011
- Paltrow slams celebrity couples who flaunt relationship in the spotlight - Nov 17, 2010
- Paltrow taking guitar lessons from husband - Apr 11, 2010
- Life with Pitt, Affleck was strange: Paltrow - Dec 24, 2010
- Chew well, keep slim, says Paltrow - May 11, 2012
- Gwyneth Paltrow 'thinks English men are too apologetic' - Mar 12, 2011
- Chris is in love only with wife - Oct 16, 2011
- Beyonce takes pregnancy advice from Paltrow - Sep 14, 2011
- It's hard being with someone for long: Paltrow - Aug 05, 2011
- Cheryl Cole strikes up strong friendship with Gwyneth Paltrow - Mar 20, 2011
- Publicising relationship unnecessary: Paltrow - Nov 19, 2010
- When Paltrow bumped into Gervais, Hudson - Sep 04, 2012
- Paltrow plans debut album - Dec 26, 2010
Tags: brad pitt, brain, buzz, coldplay, coldplay frontman chris martin, gwyneth paltrow, habit, little bit, london, mirror, music, next morning, rolling stone magazine, sleep, sleeping pill, sleeping pills, strange notes