Chris Gayle not considered for 3rd ODI against IndiaJune 10th, 2011 - 2:26 pm ICT by IANS
St John’s (Antigua), June 10 (IANS) Explosive West Indies opener Chris Gayle was not considered for selection for the third One-day International against India scheduled Saturday.
Gayle was also left out of the first two ODIs that the West Indies lost. The left-hander’s comment that he was dropped from the earlier part of the Pakistan series did not go down well with the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) and he has been called to meet the management.
“The WICB management and the West Indies team management have not yet met Chris Gayle and as such he has not been considered for selection for the third Digicel Pearls ODI. The WICB and Gayle are currently working on settling a date for the meeting,” the WICB said in a statement Thursday.
Jamaican batsman Danza Hyatt has been brought in place of Dwayne Bravo, who along with pace bowler Ravi Rampaul, has been rested. Fast bowler Kemar Roach replaces Rampaul.
“Allrounder Dwayne Bravo made a request to be given a break from the game and his request was granted. After an intense period of heavy workload, Rampaul is being rested and replaced by Kemar Roach.”
The squad for the fourth ODI will be announced Sunday.
Squad for third ODI: Darren Sammy (captain), Carlton Baugh, Devendra Bishoo, Darren Bravo, Kirk Edwards, Danza Hyatt, Anthony Martin, Kieron Pollard, Kemar Roach, Andre Russell, Marlon Samuels, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Lendl Simmons.
- Barath, Rampaul recalled for 5th ODI as Gayle ignored again - Jun 15, 2011
- Gayle out of T20, two ODIs squad against India - May 30, 2011
- West Indies name 30-man provisional squad for World T20 - Jul 19, 2012
- Gayle, Bravo left out of the first Test against India - Jun 18, 2011
- Brathwaite sole newcomer in Windies squad for Bangladesh - Sep 22, 2011
- Temperamental Benn among 30 probables for World T20 - Jul 19, 2012
- West Indies arrive for series against India - Nov 03, 2011
- Windies pick rookies Mohammed, Narine for ODIs against India - Nov 17, 2011
- West Indies replace Nash with Edwards, no place for Gayle - Jun 26, 2011
- No Chris Gayle in West Indies squad for India - Nov 01, 2011
- Sarwan dropped from West Indies squad for third Test - Jul 04, 2011
- Deonarine named in Windies squad for first Test - Apr 05, 2012
- Barath returns to Windies squad for final ODIs - Mar 22, 2012
- WICB refuses contracts to Gayle, Sarwan, Bravo, Pollard - Oct 05, 2011
- Ramdin, Shillingford recalled to Windies Test squad - Sep 23, 2011
Tags: allrounder, batsman, baugh, chris gayle, devendra, dwayne bravo, india st, intense period, kieron, lendl, marlon samuels, odis, ramnaresh sarwan, roach, team management, third odi, west indies cricket, west indies cricket board, west indies team, wicb